RWBY Volume 5: Chapter 7 - Rest and Resolutions | Rooster Teeth

All rights for RWBY go to Rooster Teeth.

This is a Fan based parody.

I will be using Italicization for people's inner thoughts.

Hints towards Whiterose and Bumbleby will continue in this chapter so enjoy.

Naomi and Rachel from previous volume/chapters will be in this chapter.

In Haven*

Everyone was preparing for their feast and were talking about their adventures to Haven.

Ruby and Naomi told Yang, Blake, and Weiss about their battle with the Nuckelavee.

Weiss told her story about breaking down in the middle of a party.

Naomi crossed her arms and said "I don't believe it.".

Weiss used her Glyphs to summon a Boarbatusk which growled at Naomi.

Naomi funnily screamed as she fell over.

Everyone laughed at her misfortune.

Yang later showed her arm to everyone and they awed at it.

They laughed and had a ball until they started to clean up.

They all then sat back at the table and talked some more.

Qrow got annoyed at the kids.

Qrow stepped into the room with Oscar.

Later*

Ozpin finished explaining Ozpiny like things and everyone was sitting very quietly.

Weiss, Yang, and Blake were sitting on a separate couch from everyone else.

Weiss asked "So, the Maidens. Magic. Salem. It's all true?".

Qrow said "Uh-huh.".

Ozpin turned to Yang and asked "Miss Xiao Long, is this more or less what your mother told you?". 

Weiss looked at the silent Yang then turned to Ozpin and said "For the most part.".

Yang said "You forgot something. You forgot to tell everyone what you did to Qrow and my mother.".

Naomi asked "What is she talking about?".

Qrow smugly said "Oh, great.".

Ozpin hummed then said "That's not a secret I thought she would give up so easily. Your mother must trust you a great deal.".

Yang glared at Ozpin.

Ozpin said "My ability to reincarnate, though a curse, isn't without a few key benefits. Much like the Maidens, I too possess a certain... "Magical" power. Using this power, I was able to gift the Branwen twins the ability to "see" more, to move freely and be unburdened by their natural bodies. I... Well... gave them the ability to turn into birds.".

Ozpin then giggled a bit then asked "Rather ridiculous sounding out loud, isn't it?".

Everyone questioned Ozpin about turning Raven and Qrow moving.

Weiss, Blake, and Yang backed up Ozpin's story.

Yang looked at Qrow then turned to Ozpin and angrily asked "Why would you do something like that? I mean, what is wrong with you?".

Qrow said "Yang, that's enough. We made a choice. We wanted this.".

Ozpin turned to Qrow and asked "May I?".

Qrow nodded.

Ozpin walked over and said "Granting this power to them was no trivial task, and I can assure you it was not done frivolously. I required assistance in gathering information on Salem's plans, as well as searching for Maidens when their hosts became unclear.".

Ruby asked "Okay, so, have you done this with others? Like General Ironwood? Or Professor Goodwitch?".

Ozpin walked around everyone and said "As helpful as that might be, unfortunately it is not that simple. My power is finite, and if I'm being honest, dwindling. The amount that I gifted to Qrow and Raven was, all things considered, rather minuscule. You see, centuries ago, I sacrificed a great deal of magic to four young women, who I hoped would use my gift for good. They were the first Maidens.".

Everyone was silent.

Ozpin turned to Yang and said "Miss Xiao Long, it was never my intention to lie to you. To any of you. There are just some matters I prefer to... play close to the chest. I believe that's how you phrased it?".

Ozpin turned to Qrow and Qrow chuckled a little.

Qrow smirked and said "Heh. Yeah.".

Ozpin looked down and said "Everyone has a choice. The Branwens chose to accept their powers and responsibilities that came with them. And later, one of them chose to abandon her duties, in favor of her own self-interest. Now, all of you have a choice. If anyone wishes to leave, now is the time. There's no shame or disgrace in abstaining, only in retreat.".

Yang stood up and Ruby asked "Yang?".

Yang kindly said "If Ruby and Blake stick around, then I'll stick around. If there's one thing I know about them, it's that they somehow always know the right thing to do.".

Yang then turned to Ozpin and seriously said "But, if we're going to help, if we're going to keep risking our lives, no more lies. No more half truths.".

Ozpin looked at Qrow and Qrow shrugged his shoulder.

Ozpin turned back to Yang and said "Understood.".

Yang sat back down.

Everyone looked at Naomi as she curiously asked "So... what now? I mean, what can we do?".

Ozpin hummed for a second then said "Mm, that is a difficult question. One that I believe is best answered tomorrow.".

Pyrrha asked "What do you mean?".

Ozpin said "The road ahead is undoubtedly filled with hardships and peril. However, it's been far too long since you have all been together.".

Ozpin put a hand on Yang's shoulder and said "Please, take tonight, enjoy this moment.".

Yang smiled a little.

Ozpin put Oscar back in charge of their shared body.

Oscar backed away from Yang frightened.

Oscar said "Geh!".

Yang, Blake, and Weiss chuckled a little.

Outside Of Raven's Camp*

3 guys were outside the gate to the camp.

Mercury shouted "Hey, ugly!".

The bandit guy who Yang beat up pulled out his gun and aimed it at the approaching Emerald and Mercury.

Emerald and Mercury stopped.

Emerald asked "Is Raven Branwen home?".

The bandit sighed and said "Ya know, I've had a real bad week. So I think I'm gonna take it out on you-".

He stopped as Cinder, Rachel, and Dr. Watts approached.

Mercury snickered and said "Hmph, doesn't look like he wants to cooperate, boss.".

Cinder smirked and said "Then make him.".

Mercury said "I was hoping you would say that.".

Rachel approached the bandits with blue fire forming in her hands.

The bandits looked on in fear as she approached.

The End Of Volume 5 Chapter 7*

Author's Note: Sorry it's been a while. I've been super busy and I haven't had much time to work on this story. I mean I work on my other little stories because they're short and easy to handle.