Bobby's Secret | Story Bites

"This is Sally Pine with WAG News," said the young blonde woman speaking into the microphone. A drone camera hovered nearby while the production assistant checked the livestream chat and PostBook hashtag. "Today, we will be interviewing renowned storyteller Bobby Stephen." The camera zoomed out to reveal an older man with still dark hair, but it was clearly starting to turn gray. He also had a pretty epic beard that covered most of his face and almost touched his chest. "Thank you for joining us today, Mr. Stephen."

The famous storyteller held up a hand. "Please, call me Bobby."

"Bobby, you've written seven novels—each have made it to the interstellar bestseller list. Your series has also been adapted into a successful TV series, video game, and coming this Christmas a movie. So tell us, how is it that you became so famous? Are you just that good of salesperson? Do you have a top notch marketing campaign? Or is it the fact that you've sold your soul to the Devil?"

Bobby Stephen's eyes widened. "That's ludicrous! I never sold my soul to the Devil! No...I sold it to something much worse..." Bobby lowered his eyes in shame. "I sold it to my agent." Sally, the production assistant, and those streaming the interview all seemed to pause in dramatic silence. Finally, he returned his gaze to Sally and his fanbase, a small smile crept across the corner of his face. "You think it's hard to break a contract with the Devil...you ain't seen nothin' yet."
_____________
If you liked this content, please consider supporting me on Ko-fi at https://ko-fi.com/joerover. It's what keeps the lights on.