Interview Transcript

The following is a transcript from a broadcast interview.
Location: Unknown
Time: Unknown
Please analyze with care.

Reporter: Tonight, via satellite, we have with us the elusive Father Magnus Six, founder and leader of The Wyrm. Unfortunately, in order to obtain the interview, we had to agree to not show his face. Good evening, Father.

Six: Please, you can call me Six.

Reporter: Alright, let's begin with the recent protests regarding your...uh, religion. Many claim that you are running a cult. Families of your members state that they are not allowed to see their loved ones once they join.

Six: Hardly. Anyone is welcome to visit The Wyrm. We are welcoming to all races, creeds, and genders.

Reporter: Then could you explain the reports that your flock is not allowed to leave the compound.

Six: As you stated, there are many who wish to see us harmed. The restriction is for our safety, as much as it is for the general public. Once members go through the training, they are allowed outside in order to act as missionaries and spread the Word of Wyrm.

Reporter: Why is it that we aren't allowed to see your face? Is it because the rumors are true? You are horribly disfigured—much like your followers become once they are initiated? Many claim that your face is gray and decaying, showing bits of bone and sinew. Are you or have you ever been

*sounds of fighting followed by a muffled scream*

*40 seconds of silence*

Reporter: Sorry about the interruption. We just received word that Steve Underbelt, the originator of the rumors about The Wyrm, has been arrested for kidnapping and raping children, along with forcing the children to act in pornographic videos. Our station would like to strongly apologize to Six and The Wyrm group for any trouble this may have caused.

Six: It is not a problem. We understand that new things can be seen as frightening. Everyone makes mistakes.

Reporter: Thanks once again Father Magnus Six for meeting with us.

*pause*

Reporter: Turn the camera off. Do not show my face.

_______________
Sparks of Rebellion is now available in paperback from Barnes & Noble.