Ch.13 Sad little secrets

Bellamy rolled his eyes, "Of course! Leave it up to Octavia to find some loner at a fair and instantly find a connection!"

Raven snorted, "He's pretty hot, he's just a little...older."

"Older? How much older?" he asked, outraged.

Raven rolled her eyes, passing him the joint they were sharing, "Relax, Bell. He seems harmless they're just having fun. Where did Clarke get off to anyway? You two have been closer than ever." She teased

It was Bellamy's turn to roll his eyes. He liked Raven. She teased him but wasn't super nosy. She would mind her business if she knew he wanted her to. She must have decided it was open enough to talk about. She was easy to talk to. "I think she went with the boys for ice cream or something. She'll be back. She's driving."

Raven looked at him expectantly.

He stared back for a few moments. He took another puff and handed the joint back to her, slowly exhaling, "We've been spending time together. She's- she's fun. Got an attitude problem, but who doesn't."

"So, you're dating?"

"I don't know. It's nothing official, but we hang out. O set us up on her version of the date the other day. There's no pressure to take it anywhere serious right now."

"Alright. I mean, be safe and make sure you guys are communicating. Nobody needs to get hurt. You should make sure you're on the same page."

"Yeah, alright." He huffed, annoyed, taking the joint back. It was nearly burnt out. "I don't need the speech."

"I'm not here to parent. Do your thing. I won't interfere. I just don't want to have to pick up the pieces if you treat her like the other girls."

"I won't!" He cut her off. "Seriously, Ray. I like spending time with her; it's not like that."

"Alright. Relax." She stomped out the joint. "Let's go find the others it's getting late."

Bellamy looked down at his phone. Three missed calls from Octavia and a couple of texts from Clarke telling him they were sitting at the picnic tables and ready to go. The fair was shutting down, and the crowds were going to bad. So much for beating the traffic.

"Let's go." He turned to Raven and led them through the crowds towards the picnic tables. The group was laughing at something Jasper had said. Good, they weren't pissed at him, and Raven was late.

"Hey, big brother!" Octavia called loudly. Jasper and Monty hadn't failed in the refreshments department. Probably their brew they have been working on.

He laughed. "Start the after-party without us?"

Clarke sighed, "yeah, but I'm still the DD. So let's get home so I can catch up."

"Oh, god, no. Enough of your catchups." Raven groaned

Octavia laughed, "yeah, you always catchup and was surpass."

Clarke laughed, "It's hard to gauge!"

"I'd say a little binge drinking never killed anyone." Bellamy sighed, "but..." he shrugged.

They got up and walked to the car, with Clarke leading the pack. They laughed and joked all the way home. Clarke pulled into the sorority driveway and invited everyone to the backyard. The rest of the girls came out, and the boys across the street got the message too. Shortly later, the foldable tables came out, the speakers were brought out, and it was a full-blown party.

"You know what?" Octavia called Raven.

She leaned in close to talk over the music. "What?" she hollered back.