Ch. 25 "Sure He's Not A Cat"

Chapter 25

It's Thursday. Finally winter break. This week was the week of finals, which means Kyle and I only saw each other one day at school. That was Tuesday. And yes, he completely ignored me.

It just hurts. I don't know whether or not to be pissed since I'm too confused to make a rational decision. I just want Kyle to explain what happened and why he was there. It worries me why that's too much for him.

Tonight is Braden's annual Christmas party. Things should be happy and cheerful, but I'm actually just not in the mood.

"Hey, Cassie," Anthony greets and sits next to me on the couch in Braden's living room. "You look pretty tonight."

"Thanks, Tony. I'm really digging your t-shirt and jeans," I compliment with a laugh.

He giggles, "I really dressed up."

A flash goes off, blinding both of our visions. I blink rapidly to see who it was that took the photo.

"You guys are precious!" Willow squeals, standing in front of the couch with a huge smile on her face. "Definitely voting for you two for cutest couple."

"Um," I pause and look at Anthony, "we aren't dating."

"Yeah, not yet," she says with an eyebrow wiggle.

I awkwardly look at Anthony, who is sitting with a frown on his face. The last thing I would want would be for Anthony to think that I had a crush on him, which might get his hopes up. I'm not assuming he likes me, but if he did this would not be an ideal situation.

Willow walks away, taking photos of other people on her way. I really don't want to dislike the girl, but I can't even help it. She does have a crush on my boyfriend.

Anthony coughs uncomfortably. "Want to get some dinner?"

I nod and accept the hand he offers to help me stand up. We make our way to Braden's kitchen, which is crowded with food of all different sorts. And it smells amazing.

"I brought the casserole!"

Hearing the familiar voice, I whip my head around to see Luke standing with a tray covered in tin foil. In his other hand, he holds a leash.

That leash, my friends, connects to the belt loop of my boyfriend's skinny jeans.

"Who is that?" Anthony asks, his eyebrows knit together. "Does he go to our school?"

"That's Luke, Luke Hart," I inform, waving to Luke from across the room.

"No way! He's the one that tweeted-"

"Don't say it," I warn.

Anthony nods and holds up a paper plate in defense. I laugh and hit his back with my own paper plate covered in snowmen.

"Cassie," Luke cries, pulling me into a hug. He strains to put the other hand that holds onto the leash around me, but manages.

That action ends up basically bringing Kyle into the hug as well, which I think was done on purpose.

"Cute dog," I muse, staring at Kyle.

"He's a real bitch," Luke says with a smile.

"Sure he's not a cat? Kind of looks like a pussy to me," I joke, my anger showing.

Luke cackles, falling to the ground in laughter. When doing this, he takes Kyle's pants to the ground with him.

"You have," Kyle says in a calm yet scary voice, "no chill!"