Ch. 31 "Because I'm Manly"

Chapter 31

Kyle's POV

She's been gone for five days now and I'm slowly breaking down. I woke up today with this weird empty feeling. It was one I hadn't ever felt before.

It's weird how dependent I am on this girl. Sure, I love spending time with Luke, Frankie, Trent, and Owen, but it's not the same when I'm with Cassie.

I'm 100% when I'm with her, no one else.

Also, I miss kissing her. It's different when someone is with you, their arms wrapped around your waist. There's a sense of security, like they're promising not to leave you alone.

I mean, I could cuddle with Luke...
But honestly I think he'd enjoy it a bit too much.

"Happy New Years' Eve!" Luke screams and blows on a horn to wake me up.

I hold up my hand for him to stop at this time in the morning. "I don't even feel like celebrating without Cassie."

Luke snorts. "Did you just...okay, pal, grow a pair! We're going to Kendall Jenner's party."

I sit up in my bed, wiping my tired eyes. Luke puts on my glasses for me, a weird action that he enjoys doing.

"Thank you. Anyways, we can't just go to a celebrity party. I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm sort of in hiding," I say.

How dare he suggest something like this. He knows damn well I wouldn't make it two seconds with thousands of reporters cameras in my face. Not only that, but Cassie wouldn't be too happy when she finds out I was partying with models all night.

And how dare my own thoughts actually want to go to Kendall's party. I mean, yeah, I enjoyed being a celebrity sometimes. It has it's perks, but I'd choose Cassie over those perks any day.

"Dude, I'm not spending my New Years' here in North Carolina. You can either come with me or stay here with Frankie drinking sparkling grape juice."

"Hey," I defend, "that grape juice is pretty damn good."

"Know what else is good? Being with A-list celebrities in a mansion," Luke challenges with a smirk. "C'mon, bro. Let's get away from all of this."

"Isn't that what we're doing in North Caroline in the first place?" I ask with my hands facing the ceiling. "Honestly, Luke, I can't just go back into the hollywood scene yet. I'm not ready."

"But you're so much better now!" he argues.

"It still gets back," I mumble, not meeting his gaze.

I hate talking about these things with Luke. He's always so perky and joyful and confident in what he's doing, the opposite of me.

I should know he'd never really judge me on things like that, but it's just one of my insecurities that I can't seem to get over.

"Shit, you're right. It's okay, buddy. You'll have more fun with Frankie anyways," he says with a sympathetic smile.

"I will," I yell confidently as he leaves my bedroom. Taking a seat on my bed, I sigh, "not."

I really just want to spend my night with Cassie. I want to be able to tell her that this year is going to be different. I want to tell her that I'm not going back to my life as a celebrity, not if I went back and lost her. I just want to tell her I love her.

And I hope to God she loves me too.

From: Aaron

party at my place?? starts at 6 and ends when the cops come