Ch. 47 "Just Google Him"

Chapter 47

"Will you be my date to prom and make me the happiest boy on earth?"

"Yes!"

I sigh at yet another prom proposal this week. There's no way Kyle will come back now, not after what happened Saturday night.

It's Friday now. We haven't talked since that night.

I've tried contacting him, believe me. I'm actually an obsessive girlfriend- oh wait, I don't even know if I'm his girlfriend anymore. I'm just acting like an obsessive person basically.

To: Kyle Blackboob

you're a piece of poop

I hit send, biting my lip. That's the tenth text I've sent today. I've called him twice.

Luke is only responding to my texts with 'bro code ily'.

All I want is to know what the hell is going on. I still love him, and I hope he still loves me. I just want to know if that isn't enough, if I should just give up.

To: Kyle Blackboob

jk because I actually love you

I correct my last message, feeling too guilty after calling him poop.

My eyes are glued to my phone as I walk through the hallways, causing me to accidentally bump into someone. My phone falls out of my hands and lands on the floor in a crash.

"I'm so sorry!" the boy apologizes and hands me my phone after picking it up.

I look down at the cracked screen in disappointment; it's most likely broken. "It wasn't your fault. I should've been paying attention to where I was going."

"You probably should've had a case on your phone too," the boy laughs. "I'm Derek."

I take in Derek's appearance. Dark hair, tan skin, light brown eyes. He's tall, fit, and overall pretty attractive.

"Cassidy," I introduce and shake his hand.

"I know who you are," he says with a smirk. "You're kind of like famous here in North Carolina."

"Do you want my autograph?" I ask, making the cute boy smile.

"How'd you know?" he jokes and rests against one of the lockers.

A boy starts strumming his guitar, randomly breaking out into song. When I notice the girl crying, I realize it is yet another prom proposal.

"Ugh," I scoff under my breath.

Derek laughs, "not a fan of prom?"

"Not when my boyfriend is 2,500 miles away," I mutter.

"I understand what you're going through," he says with a sigh. "I went through it a year ago."

"It sucks, doesn't it?" I ask for confirmation.

"It sucks," he assures.

I sigh and run a hand through my hair. "Well, I should probably get going to class. See you around, Derek."

He stops me, grabbing onto my arm gently. "Hey, hey. Good luck, you know, with Kyle."

"Thank you," I say, surprised by his kindness.

"And I'm sorry about your phone," he adds as he walks backwards.

"Guess I shouldn't be staring at it all day anyways," I laugh, waving to him before turning around the corner.