·Orange·

Papaya

I walked in the living room, my mother crying hysterically while my brother tried to comfort her and my father was standing near the fireplace, looking angry and frustrated.

I set my stuff down, creating a thud making them look up. "Um hey, what's going on?"

My mother cried harder, if that was even possible. "I-i so-sor-sorry-"

She was cut off by my father. "We have something to tell the both of you. Now when I tell you, just know that I love you and I will always be your father, no matter what."

Alex and I exchanged looks and nodded at him.

"Papaya, Im not your biological father." He looked at me with frustration.

Im so startled that I couldn't even speak.

After a minute of silence he continued.

"As you know, your mother grue up in Puerto rico, well when she was a teenager she fell in love with someone, his name was Hector. She was with him until about a year after she graduated high school, but when she said that she wanted to come to America he didn't like it and the breakup was bad.-" He was cut off by my mother who had calmed down enough to talk.

"I met john about 2 years later and had Alex, everything was perfect. Alex had turned 6 months old and john was at work, alex had just went down for a nap when the door bell rang. I opened the door and Hector was there with roses and a sorry card. He thought that if he came to America he could win me back. I told him to leave, that I had a wonderful husband and a beautiful baby boy, I didn't love him anymore. H-he didn't like that. He threw the roses at me and hit me. I tried to make him stop b-but he just wouldn't stop. I can remember hearing alex crying as Hector beat me. But when he was done hitting me, he started stripping me." My mothers breathing increased as tears fell down.

I couldn't even look at them. My eyes were getting blurred with tears. I can't handle anymore news. I need to get out. And that's what I did, I got up and ran out. Alex tried to call me back but I just continued to run out the front door.

I ran as far as my legs could take me. My lungs burned, my feet felt numb and my sides stung. I approached the building in front of me. I looked at my reflection in the glass of the door, my hair was messy and tangled, and my eyes were red. I wiped my eyes and opened the door. The bright light made me cringe as I walked up to the counter.

"Hi! Welcome to McDonald's, what can I get for you?"

······

Sorry that I haven't updated in like a whole year, writers block. I hope you liked the chapter, it kinda made me want to cry.
Let me know your thoughts!
Until next time👋

Question!!!⭕ what's your favorite fruit?