·Cherry·

Papaya

"Ok I think we should head back now" I said as I averted my eyes away from him and backed away.

"Uh yeah, sure" he sounded disappointed.

We gathered our stuff and soon arrived back at the school. Going our separate ways, I found holly talking to my brother at his locker. They looked like they were in a heated conversation so I made my way over.

"Hey guys, what's up?"

I saw Holly glare at Alex. "Nothing, just talking."

When I looked at Alex I saw a bruise formed around his eye. "What the hell? Who hit you?"

I moved his face to the side so I could see it better. How I didn't see it before was unbelievable.

He pulled his face away an gave me a small glare. "No one, don't worry about it. I gotta go now, bye, also you gotta find a ride home today."

And with that he walked away, not waiting for a response from me. I looked back at holly and shrugged my shoulders.

"What's with him?"

"I'll tell you later, right now I wanna know what's been happening with you and Zayn. We can talk on the way to my place." She said as we walked out of the school and to her car.

I told her everything with Zayn and my family issues on the way to her house. Her parents weren't home so we ended up going to a cute little diner.

"Wow this place is so nostalgic, I haven't been here in years." I smiled as looked around the diner, remembering the childhood memories.

"Really? I was here like last week. Come on lets go to my favorite booth." Holly grabbed my hand and lead me to a curved booth in the back. It was one of the larger booths that could fit 10.

After getting comfortable we started talking about random stuff and ordered some food.

"Um hey so what was up with Alex earlier?" I asked as I took a bite of my club sandwich.

"Oh um well he kinda didn't want me to tell you but I guess oh well." She took a sip of her strawberry smoothie, then continued. "So you know how taylor and Zayn broke up? Because he caught her fucking someone in the bathroom, well turns out it was Alex."

I was shocked. But at least it explains the black eye he has.

As we were finishing up our food I could feel someone staring at me. I looked around and saw a man a couple booths down from us looking at me, but as soon as I saw him he grabbed his takeout bag and quickly exited.

I was slightly creeped out but just pushed it away and continued to talk with holly.

······

Im terribly sorry for not updating in so long, I have been procrastinating.

Stay healthy🙏