nine

Excuse the mistakes

Vicious Athena Foster

"So you're just gonna make all the decisions, Winston?"

My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at him while his eyes stayed glued to the tv that held his attention. Watching him scream at the game while ignoring me made me grab a pillow off my couch and hit him.

"Vicious, you see I'm watching the game," he said, blocking my hits and still watching.

Frustrated at this point I grabbed the remote and turned it off.

"Yo, what you doing baby?"

"How could you do that! You could go to jail! Winston, you think that shit settles well in my stomach?"

He huffed out in stress, and leaned his head back, "Vicious, I hear you ma. But at the same time I don't care. He shouldn't have disrespected you, and it's already done."

Shaking my head, I throw my hands in the air, "I tell you about my past and it's like you're throwing it in my face when you do shit like that!"

I attempted to walk away before he pulled me onto his lap, "Vicious, baby, listen. I ain't trynna mock you in anyway. I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable but I ain't like how he tried you like some bitch off the street. When you with me, you always protected," he explained while playing with my fingers.

I twisted my lips as my attitude still remained. I understand him defend me but he isn't thinking. He's a son of a man who is wealthy and he doesn't think it's a big deal for him to get in trouble.

"Winston, no. I'm still mad, okay? You ain't think about me at all. That was a selfish decision! You could've gone to jail!" My voiced raised as I marched into the kitchen.

Following right behind me, he turned me around, "I get you mad but you better watch how you talk to me, V."

Scoffing, I looked him up and down before turning right back around and opening the fridge. He chuckled a bit before wrapping his arms around me, "You drive me crazy, you know that?"

Smirking, I closed the fridge before turning around wrapping my arms around his neck. I looked up at him as he stared down at my little frame.

I loved this man but I wanted us to work on ourselves. We were both fucked up individuals and I wanted us to heal properly. We can't do that if we keep having actions of toxic traits.

"Yeah, yeah. I don't like it, Winston. Next time let it go," I stood on my tip toes and gave him a quick peck.

"Mhm," he swayed us side to side. There was no music playing but we still swayed in rhythm. I laid my head on his chest. The thought of a little dark angel protecting me in a way I craved for a while makes me unpleasant.

I suppose because I never had much love or tender care for a while since the incident. I'd shut out on my foster parents along with wasting their money on endless therapy sessions.

Interrupting our little session, his phone vibrated endlessly in his pocket.

Releasing me, he finally answered, "Lucifer."

"Uh, look," he left me in my kitchen, walking away to continue his call.

A part of me was a little anxious to know who that was but another part of me told me mind your business.

"That was Krystal. Akeem found out where she was and won't leave the place. I'm about to go get him," he explained grabbing his keys off my counter.