|3| Suprise

Author-Nim's POV

A week had passed. Each night Chan would work later and later. It made Felix worry.

Felix couldn't help it. He would sit and wait for Chan to get home.

He was still unaware of why Chan wanted to work more hours. They were financially stable. There was no reason to.

Felix sighs. It would be unlikely, but Felix had the thought of Chan cheating in the back of his head.

It seemed to be the only explanation for Chan's sudden 'extra' hours. Felix heard the front the door open and quickly stood up.

"W-welcome back Chan." Felix did a small bow. "Why are you up so late?" Felix quickly stood up.

"I w-wanted to wait for you." Chan chuckled. "Lix, it's late. Don't waist your precious sleeping time on me."

Chan pecked Felix's head and walked past him. "But I want to." The younger mummbled.

Felix truly didn't have much time. He starts school again in the fall. Summer was soon coming to an end.

Feilx followed behind Chan. Chan saying trust me ringing in his head.

Even though it's been 4 years, Felix still had his insecurities. Always scared Chan would leave him for doing the littles things.

Chan quickly threw on a night shirt before climbing into bed. Felix joined him minutes later.

"Tomorrow, I'm taking work off." Felix adjusted the covers, keeping space between him and Chan.

"Oh...okay." Chan looked at Felix, who's back was facing him. Chan knew Felix was acting weird, but hoped after tomorrow it will be over.

"Yeah. I'll also stop taking longer hours." Felix sat up. "R-really?" Chan nods and caresses Felix's cheek.

"I'm taking you out tomorrow. Make sure to wear something casual, and be yourself."

Be himself? Why wouldn't he be? "Night Lix." Chan pecked his head and laid down.

Felix smiled. He was happy that Chan stopped the extra hours. Felix laid back down, curling up near Chan, who instantly wrapped around him, and drifted off to sleep.

Chan smiled as he had his hand over Felix's eyes. The day was going great so far.

He took Felix to all of the places they hung out. The smoothie place, restaurants, the park, karaoke place, ect. He took him everywhere.

Felix so far hadn't expected a thing. Those places were only to calm Felix down for the real surprise.

"Keep your eyes close, no peaking." Felix nods as Chan uncovers his eyes. He quickly ran up and opened the door.

He then grabbed Felix's hand and lead him inside the building. You could hear a "shhh" and a small soft squeal.

"Okay, on the count of 3, open your eyes." You could hear a few shuffles and then silence.

Chan counted down to 3 as Felix slowly opened his eyes. "Surprise!!" There stood Chan's mom and Dad, Chan standing in the middle.

Felix froze up, his Face red. Felix may have chosen a lazy attire then casual. He looked at his outfit, it wasn't good enough.

Chan's mom squeals. "He's so cute. Who would of thought he would be this cute. His freckles!! Oh my god look at his freckles."

Chan chuckled. "Mom." Chan's mom turned around. "Oh, right. I hope your hungry. I made a lot."

Felix nods. "I haven't eaten anything. I did have a smoothie though." She crossed her arms.

"How could you starve your boyfriend like that? We raised you better." Chan rubbed the back of his neck.

"We were kinda on a tight schedule. Whoops." Chan's dad chuckled. "Let's hurry and eat before the food gets cold.

Felix nervously sat across from Chan. He's only talked to Chan's parents a couple of times on the phone, never in person.

Chan's mom was pouring food onto his plate like Felix hadn't eaten in days.

Chan's dad leaned over and whispered something to Chan. Felix freaked out.

Was it about him? Chan's dad hadn't talked to him very much. Maybe he didn't like him?

"I'll be right back." Chan's mom winked at Chan before he left. Weird.

"Lix, dear. Can you come with me?" Felix nods. Chan's mom grabbed his hand and lead him outside.

Following behind them was Chan's dad. Felix looked around in awe. There was a small garden with fairly light.

Although the garden was small it seemed to look beautiful. She lead Felix to the middle of it.

"Opps, I forgot something. Be a doll and wait here." Felix nods and turns around, not paying any attention on where she went.

Felix quickly snapped his head to the side as he heard a branch snap.

"Chan..."

*★ ✩ ★*

So, I'm going to be writing another book at the same time as this. It's called soft boy. It's the same as this book, just Minsung POV. So you'll find out why they broke up and all little things I won't add in this book.

I'm going to release it with the next chapter, if that makes sense.