Spidey vs. the Spider

It was a ordinary day in the life of one extraordinary boy

It was a ordinary day in the life of one extraordinary boy. Not only was he extraordinary because of his super-spider powers, he was extraordinarily afraid of normal spiders.

Usually his fear isn't apparent to most people because most of the time, spiders appear when there are other people around to take care of them. However, there was the rare occasion that the Spider-boy was left alone with one of the creepy-crawlies.

------

I had had an okay day at school, two tests that felt pretty good and one test that I for sure failed. It's okay though, I was never going to use AP Foods in real life anyway. I was on my way to the front of school to meet Happy where he picks me up and takes me to the industries for my internship.

It was a smooth ride from school to the tower. There was minimal traffic and Happy only got road rage three times, a new record for him. Soon enough we were at the tower garage where we drove onto a platform that lifted us up a few stories, in order to avoid all the press constantly surrounding the tower.

We head up to the top floors of the tower and discover smoke wafting out from a hallway. The same hallway that Mr. Stark's lab is located off of. Happy and I run over to investigate what was happening. We discover Mr. Stark waving around some towels and coughing because of all the smoke.

"Hey guys," He says casually, as if there was no problem. "Happy can you get the kid out of here."

"What! Why? Can't I help?" I ask as Happy starts pushing em out the door.

"We'll be fine. We've got this under control. Just go start drawing up some new plans, okay?" Mr. Stark yells from his fanning position.

Happy manages to corral me in a conference room just down the hall. With my heightened senses I could hear their conversation through the walls. While it sounded like they might not have the situation under full control I decided that for once I would follow instructions and stay put.

I scan the room and decide to sit in a chair at the head of the table to beginning the plans Mr. Stark mentioned. Just as I sit down and am about to pull out some papers I feel my spidey sense alert me off a possibly threat behind me. I whip around and don't see anything. Then my eyes travel up the wall to the ceiling where a spider resides.

I freeze in my seat. Despite the obvious inspiration for my superhero persona, I really hate spiders. They're creepy, they have way too many legs, sometime they have poison, and overall they just make any situation one thousand time worse than it needed to be.

When I finally come to my senses enough to make noise I make what can only be described as a noise that is scream inspired. It wasn't quite a scream because I didn't open my mouth enough to let the scream out, but I was trying to scream. At some point I either jumped or climbed onto the conference table, scrambling to get away from the spider.

"Hey kid, sorry about that," Mr. Stark says. He was walking into the conference room, patting out a small flame that was on his arm. "What-" Mr. Stark stopped suddenly when he saw me up on the table. "Peter, what are you doing up there?"

I stumble over my words. "I uh, spi- duh, thing, no, uh, der, ye, spider."

"Huh?" He asks again. "Spider?"

I nod my head, silently.

"Oh my god, you're literally a spider." He balls up the rag he was using to pat away the flames and asks me, "Where is it?"

I point behind him at the corner of the ceiling. He spots it and reaches up to swat it away with the rag. Only the spider anticipates his move and runs away across the wall, towards me. Once again, I make the not-scream noise and flinch my way back to the point where I'm almost falling off the other side of the table.

"Oh my god." Mr. Stark says as he chases after the eight legged monster. He swats it a few times before Happy comes into the room and see's what's happening.

"What is going on in here?" He says.

"Spider." Mr. Stark says very simply. however, Happy still looks confused. "Peter."

"Yeah I know, Peter's Spider-Man. What are you doing?" Happy asks.

"No, well yes. Peter is Spider-Man but there's an actual spider."

"What!?!" This happened to be the time when the spider was on the wall above Happy and when Mr. Stark hit the wall above Happy. This caused Happy to duck and Mr. Stark ended up tripping over him. When they finally get over each other and are both standing up the sider had traveled to the other side of the room closer to me.

I ended up falling off the table. It was at this point when Pepper walked into the conference room.

"Tony, I need you to sign off on-" She's cut of when she looks up from her tablet and sees what's unfolded in the room. "What are you guys doing?"

"Spider!" Tony and Happy say in sync.

"Yeah I know, Peter's Spider-Man. I mean't what are you two doing?" She reflects.

"Good why is it so hard for everyone to understand." Tony says, tossing his rag back and forth between his hands. "There's a real spider in here, and despite the fact that he's literally Spider-man, Peter doesn't like spiders."

"Oh," Pepper says. The spider had traveled over near her and she smashes it against the wall with her tablet. "Okay, Are we good now? Can I steal Tony for a moment guys?"

"Uh, yeah. You good kid?" Mr. Stark asks.

"Yeah, yeah. I think I'm good." I stand up off the ground and adjust me clothes. "You can go."

And that is the story of how Tony, Happy, and Pepper all found out about Spider-Man's fear of spiders.