Odd Day

It was a normal day for Peter

It was a normal day for Peter. He walked to school, avoided the coffee shop, had a couple of quizzes in school, and started the walk back home. Since it was a Tuesday he had to go straight back to his apartment as opposed to going to Stark Industries, although, if he was going there then he wouldn't have to walk since Happy would usually pick him up.

Somehow, on his usual path home, Peter took a wrong turn. Instead of walking towards his apartment, he was walking away, and on the completely wrong street. Peter tried to turn around and retrace his steps but soon realized that he had no idea where he was, and that it was almost five 'o clock.

Eventually, Peter decided that the only way he would get home would be to slip into his suit and web his way home. At least this way he would be able to see the city from above. It is, after all, a grid system.

Upon doing this, Peter realized that he was farther away than he initially thought. As he started the trek back to his queen's apartment, he decided that he was going to try and focus on his route and not patrolling, he did have a lot of homework to get to.

This was going fine for a little while, until he heard something out of the ordinary from one of the buildings below. Peter landed back on the ground and investigated the front of the building.

All the doors were locked and overall, the building appeared to be abandoned. Peter was feeling kind of uninspired for some reason, so he decided against any grandiose entrances and just swings in through a window.

Peter just happened to swing onto the floor above where the sound comes from. He decided to use the stars that were in the corner of the room.

The below floor was just full of offices, so Peter used his senses to find which room the sound was coming from. When he finally found it he opened the door and discovered a hostage situation. There were about three hostages and one man who appeared to be in the middle of a monologue.

It wasn't that hard for Peter to web him up and untie the hostages. He calls the police, waits until they arrive, ensures that everyone is okay, and finally makes his way back home.

When he finally gets there he goes in through the window. With the amount of times he's done that it's surprising that no ones seen him and figured out where he lives.

He slips in, changes, and walks out to greet May in the middle of here microwaving some frozen dinner meals, she learned to have some on had for nights when they don't want to reset the smoke alarms.

"Hey May," Peter says, setting his backpack on the counter and opening it to start his work.

"Hey Pete," May says, pulling the food out of the microwave. "How was your day?"

Peter was about to respond with the generic 'good' but then he got to thinking. Today wasn't really the best day. He had quizzes in some of his harder classes, topped with some projects to start, Ned had to leave before lunch, MJ was out all day due too some doctors, or dentist appointment, somehow he got lost on the way home and had to stop a hostage situation. Overall it just wasn't as good as he anticipated that morning.

Peter looked up to Aunt May, "You know what, it wasn't that good after all."

Alright, super long AN follows this so prepare. Sorry for being mia for the past like three months. I've been generally uninspired and kinda went through some stuff but I thought I should post one last thing before the year ends. I wrote this in about two and a half hours with no preparation or initial inspiration so sorry that it's short and not the best.

I do have some other one shots that I've been working on, I just have to become super inspired soon so I can finish those.

I wanted to thank everyone who read this story. We got to like 43k I'm less than one year which is super exciting, I'm shocked that even 100 people would want to read my writing so I'm really grateful for you all.

To everyone who commented I appreciate you so much. I want you all to know that I read every single comment and love the notification I get that says that I got a new comment!

And also to everyone who voted, thank you so much for hitting that little button <3.