The Other Forest

Erza had never seen someone scoff so much down at once in her entire life (and that was saying something because she knew Natsu). Akame, the little girl who still refused to speak, sat on a bench with all of Miras best food piled on a table. Leone, her blonde companion, wouldnt stop talking and was currently telling Mira about who knows what after explaining how they had ended up here in the first place (they had no idea. So helpful). Other guild members were staring in awe, others in disgust and some just in curiosity-

Excuse me. Akame, the silent black-haired girl who had yet to let her sword out of her sight, finally spoke, interrupting Erzas train of thought. But the forest you found us in, what was it called?

Erza raised an eyebrow but answered nonetheless. Sasayaki Forest.

Akame, paused in her eating, humming to herself. Naishoubanashi Forest.

What?

Akame turned to fully look at Erza, catching the attention of Leone, Mira and a few eavesdroppers. Sasayaki Forest, Naishoubanashi Forest. The names are too similar. Or rather, theyre the exact same place, that simple exist in different planes of existence.

Youre from another world. Erza said, making it clear to everyone where Akame was going with this.

Really?! Lucy (a busty blonde) and Lisanna (Miras thought to originally be dead little sister) asked in excitement, joining the table.

My names Lucy, Celestial Wizard. Because theyll definitely know what that means Erza thought to herself.

Im Lisanna, Miras little sis. I lived in another world for a short while.

Akame nodded to them both, smiling slightly at their excitement. Any idea how we got here?

Well, Lisanna hummed to herself thoughtfully, A few others and I travelled via a magical portal but Im guessing it isnt the same for you all. We wouldve sensed the shift in magic.

Ooh, I know! Lucy smiled. Levy, come here a sec!

Levy, who was hugging Pantherlily as Gajeel held her book for her, left the two males, taking her book, and walked over. Cana, who had been listening by the bar, decided to follow also.

What is it Lu?

Leone, Akame. This is Levy and this is Cana.

Nice to meet you. Both Leone and Akame replied.

Lev, you remember the stories about the Whispering Forest, right?

Levy fiddled slightly with her glasses, the ones about where if you whisper your truest desires there, they will come true?

Lucy smiled brightly at her BFF, thats the one! Turning back to the visitors in Fairy Tails guild hall, she shone with glee. So, what did you wish for?

Dont you think thats a bit personal Lucy? Mira interrupted with a slight frown. Whatever it was theyd been through, it has too have not been pleasant for them to have ended up in an alternate world. Miras eyes flickered to Akames sword, signifying to Erza that she wasnt the only one who had been feeling the immense power radiating from the blade from the very beginning.

Oh, Im sorry. I didnt even think about that. Lucy apologised, bowing a little before each of them.

Well, whatever it was, Cana spoke up, throwing five cards on the table. It isnt over yet. There are more gateways open. They werent the only ones out there wishing.

On the clear side of the table were the five cards Cana had thrown. The Knight. The Demon. The Sword. The Animal. And the number 2.

Erza was a little confused. Was she the knight or the sword? She supposed knight since she wore armour and Akame had been holding her sword the entire time. No matter how much darkness radiated from the blade, Erza knew Miras darkness ran deeper, into her very blood – she was the demon. Which left, Leone, as the animal. She supposed that did make sense if her name held any indication. Perhaps Leone possessed some sort of animal, feline, abilities. Thing was, she had no clue what the two was meant to indicate. As for the other four cards however, if Erza could figure it out then so could others. She could feel their eyes on her back, waiting for an answer.