The New Path

Erza walked to the guild the next day knowing that Mira along with the two otherworldly visitors, Leone and Akame, would already be there. It was hours before opening time, Miras key to the guild having been used to allow them in early.

Walking through the large doors, she found the three women she expected along with Freed and Levy. She glanced to Mira with a raised eyebrow, the woman having been the only one who noticed her quiet entrance. Mira smiled, waving her hand to acknowledge Erza and to also announce her presence to the others. It worked, the others greeting Erza as Mira finally replied to her silent question. They offered to help. If anyone has the vast knowledge to be able to figure it out, well, its Levy and Freed.

Erza smiled in agreement, moving to take a seat beside Akame who was munching on cookies. Akame glanced at Erza before holding out a cookie to her. Erza laughed lightly, accepting the offered treat. Thank you.

Akame smiled as she nodded then went back to munching.

Erza nibbled the white chocolate chip cookie, turning back to the others. Have you made any advancements?

Afraid not. Levy replied first, We went off what we already know from Edolas. A gateway across spacetime was opened. This time, its different. The portal this time has to have been completely subdued by a shield of sorts that doesnt work off any magical energy for us to have not sensed it.

In addition, Freed continued Levys sentence, the other world must have some sort of non-consensual link across the dimensions into this world. We already know it was The Whispering Forest, or the Forest of Whispers in their world that the link originates from. What we dont know is how the link was established, or rather, who established it.

Why is who established it important? Erza asked, letting Mira eat at the last of her cookie; the woman having leaned over to attempt to steal the rest throughout Freed and Levys explanation.

Its their magic. Levy continued, answering Erza once more. More than likely, if we want to reopen the portal, we either need to destroy the source or find the user who is the only one who can open it.

Im guessing you dont know how to find the person responsible or the source, correct? Leone said, gulping down her beer easily.

Freed nodded. Correct, that is the issue.

Erza hummed, thoughtful wondering if it were really worth it. If she was reading this right, neither Akame nor Leone actually wanted to return. Perhaps, they themselves didnt even realise it. That or they were in denial. Anyways, what Cana had said before. It isnt other yet. There are more gateways open. They werent the only ones wishing. She was referring to Erza and Miras wishes, no doubt about that. But, if wishing led Akame and Leone into another world, what did that mean for them. Erza had wished for Miras happiness, so, unless Mira had wished for them to go somewhere else, it made no sense for them too to be relocated. Akame and Leone had wished for a second chance, that required a world where no one knew them – that made sense. So, in terms of happiness, did this mean that Miras happiness laid in another world with someone else? Cana had implied that it wasnt over, the portal jumping wasnt over, the gateways were not yet closed. Gateways. There was more than one.

What is it? Mira questioned in her knowing way, telling Erza she already guessed as to what she was thinking.

Theres more than one. Erza sat up straight, realisation dawning. Cana said gateways. Not just a single gateway leading to one world. But more, multiple, leading to who knows where. Perhaps even one that leads back.

Levy shook her head, even if there are more-

Not if. Mira interrupted Levy. Cana said it through her magic. Shes never wrong and she definitely wouldnt make a mistake like that.