Chapter 8 : Henrik II

Third Person POV -

"Come Nik" Henrik says pulling his hand "look at the wolves." Henrik begins to run off towards them, where they begin to change forms.

"Henrik!!" Klaus yells running after him "Henrik get back here" Klaus is so worried the dark sky blinds him from seeing.

Henrik wants to stop running and go back into his brothers arms but something isn't allowing him. Henrik runs straight into the center of wolves. His heart begins to beat the fastest it's ever gone. He wants to run away, to hide in safety, most importantly he wants to reply to Klaus's yells, but he did nothing. He says nothing. The wolves circle him sniffing at his fear.

Caroline watches from the distance as the wolves circle Henrik. It takes everything in her not to jump in front him, but his death could also mean his life. She hears Klaus's cries for Henrik. She sees him getting closer and closer to the Henrik so she has to stall him. Caroline messes up her hair and tears her dress she ran towards Klaus acting scared. She runs past on tree running full speed till she collides with Klaus falling under him "Klaus." She tries to say as scared as possible.

"Caroline, love you safe." He kisses her softly before standing up bringing her with him, "I need to find Henrik climb this tree I will come back for you I promise."

"Klaus." She says causing him to turn around only to be greeted by a fist knocking him out instantly.

"I'm so sorry."

Henrik feels on wolf jump on him from behind clawing at his back. "Agggh!!"He screams. Without warning all the other wolves jumped in clawing him trying to get a bit of him.

Caroline runs through the clearing where she sees the wolves pounce on Henrik. Caroline listens carefully and hears Henrik's heart stop. She drops to her knees holding her stomach. She can't help but feel like a killer, she basically signed his death warrant. The wolves wouldn't leave Henrik's body and she needs him in one piece.

Caroline breaks off a branch from the tree and stabs herself in the hand. The smell of vampire blood to a werewolf is like drugs to them it so sweet, so devouring. The wolves slowly look up and face Caroline. She stabs herself once more drawing more blood. "Come on littles wolves come to momma." 3 wolves circle her till one of them finally pounce but she catches him half way ripping his heart out and copies it for the other two wolves.

Caroline walks back to Henrik lifeless body lifting him carrying him back to Ayana's hut.

-Present-

"What are you trying to say?" Elijah asks walking towards his brother.

"It's either that Forbes girl found away to keep him alive or she fucked up the past." Kol says rubbing his head.

"No! Caroline Forbes is many things that don't fall under my nice list but she is NOT stupid, she wouldn't do that." Rebekah states looking around seeing everyone hanging their heads "Would she?" She asks hesitantly.

"Ask your self this Rebekah..." Stefan says taking her hand in his "If there was away of saving a little innocent boys life would you even if it meant to die in the future for him...would you?"

Bonnie finally pulls up in her car running towards them "What's going on?"

"Henrik's body is gone." Klaus states still standing by his brothers grave who doesn't even have a tomb stone.

"She did it, she found a way to save him." Bonnie says with a smile, but no one looked up at her.

"At least my last self got to be with her right?....." Klaus says with a smile thinking he won't ever see Caroline again. He would have to wait till the moment he disappears in to an abyss and finally die.

Klaus is walking back to his siblings when a black smoke came out of nowhere, throwing them all back with force. Klaus supports his weight on his shoulders looking at the smoke that ground forming a body.

-Past-

When Klaus wakes up he can't remember anything but helping Caroline up and he was knocked out. He runs towards the clearing and saw the wolves all dead and in their human forms he is surprised that he actually knew some these people. He goes over and sees the pool of blood in the grass along with some of his brothers tore clothes. Klaus drops to his knees while holding his head crying "What have I done?" He keeps repeating to himself.

He picks up the pieces of cloth and begins walking towards the village.

Caroline bursts through the fort of Ayana's hut with Henrik in her arms "You did it?" Ayana said in a surprised tone asking a question "Yes I said I would now we don't have much time."

Ayana nodded and slid her hand open letting the blood drop in a veil "Give this to him I want to know I did something to help him live." Caroline smiled and placed her hand on Ayana's arm "This is all happening because off you you have done more than enough."

"Have you erased any memory of me?" Caroline asked walking towards the middle of the circle with Henrik in his arms placing the veil in his shirt. "I will do that as soon as you leave so I make sure they forget everything" Ayana assured.

Caroline placed Henrik on the floor next to her as Ayana began to chant in Latin. The spell was almost done when the door swung open revealing Mikael he looked at Caroline and at the lifeless body on the floor "What do you think your doing with my son?"

Caroline flashed out the circle holding Mikael by the neck.

"Ayana-" Caroline said looking back. Caroline's eyes widen Henrik's body was gone.

-Future-

The force holding them down finally stop. Klaus, and the others walked over to the black smoke that started to clear up.

"Caroline" Klaus said nervously kneeling next to her. No response. Klaus was about to wave away the smoke so he could see her when some one shout up gasping for air muttering "Nik, Caroline." Over and over again.