Chapter 8: Trapped

Dark. Cold. And hard.

Those are the first things Harry felt when he woke up.

Well, not exactly "woke up", rather "regained his consciousness". He couldn't open his eyes, nor move his body. His head was spinning like a spinning wheel, and he could hear whispers everywhere.

- How is he? Is he alright? Talk to me, Snivellius. - James demanded.

- You are not in the position to order me, Potter. He will wake up in 3 days, maybe more. - Came Snape's malignant response. His voice was filled with hatred.

- "Maybe more"?! You are the Potions Master, how could you be so unsure about the time?! – James shouted angrily at Snape.

- Forgive me for being unable to give you the exact time but your son here had had a panic attack, it can be very dangerous if he is not monitored closely. Now, if you want your son dead I suggest you blabber some more, it can help killing him. - Snape snarled. He was getting impatient with this egotistic man.

- Calm down, Severus. Arguing with Potter only lowers your intelligence. Thus, there are more important things to do. - Lucius interfered. He gently put his hand on Snape's shoulder while glaring coldly at James:

- As for you, I think you know which is more vital: your son's life, or your "argument" with Severus.

James angrily stared at them, but said no more. He stormed out of the room with his daughter, who was always stealing glances at Snape.

Lucius sighed in relief. He couldn't bear that atmosphere any longer:

- Are you two always like that?

- Till the end of time. - Snape mumbled.

- Lucky for you, he didn't do anything stupid. - Lucius turned to look at Harry.

- Why do you say that?

- He could have hurt Harry if he had gone mad. You should consider your situation before getting caught in a quarrel, Severus.

Snape sighed:

- Alright, I will control my temper when I'm near James Potter. But there is no guarantee that I will control my behaviour. That's the best I can do.

- I understand. So, how's the boy? I was worried when he passed out.

- The boy was under a block. – Severus gravely said. - It was put on his magic core since his birth, and now, his core has outgrown the block and is trying to break it. To save him, I need to find the reverse spell, or the boy himself must destroy the block. The latter is impossible, he is too young and we cannot direct our magic to assist him. His body cannot withstand that much power. The former is feasible, but it will take too much time...

There was a moment of silence before Snape spoke again:

- What if I can't find the spell, Lucius? I could lose the boy.

Lucius knelt down next to where Severus was sitting and put a hand on his shoulder:

- Then save him.

Severus stared into Lucius' grey metallic eyes. They were cold, as usual, but their gaze softened as he continued to look into them. He was always like a brother to him, Lucius, always stood up for him and protected him.

Severus pursed his lips and nodded solemnly. Harry, in more ways than one, was his treasure. He didn't want to lose another of his loved ones. He stood up, fixed his clothing, and walked out of the room:

- Shall we go to your library?

Lucius smirked slightly and followed Snape:

- Certainly, my dear Severus, certainly.