Chapter 14: Some Little Things

Draco and Hadrian sat peacefully in their compartment, each with a book on his lap. After they got on the Hogwarts Express, they headed straight towards the Malfoy's private compartment and had been there ever since. Draco mentioned some friends of his would probably strolled by, but they hadn't heard knockings or footsteps nearby. It was completely silent.

- Hey Dray?

- Yes, Hadri? - Draco answered, looking up from his book. He had come up with a nickname for Hadrian because "Hadrian" sounded very formal, and he didn't like that. They were friends, and friends were supposed to be close.

- Why is it so quiet outside? I thought the train was very crowded. - The ravenette questioned. It wasn't normal. Children at his age wouldn't be this quiet. They would be energetic, talkative and sometimes a bit noisy, but he could endure it. But this silence wasn't what he could stand.

- I don't know. Maybe they have all gathered to The Saviour's compartment. - Draco drawled at the title. How he despised that girl. Being chosen for an important mission, and all she did was acting like a queen, all high-and-mighty. How pitiful.

- I still feel there is something wrong. Maybe I'm mistaken. - Hadrian shrugged his shoulders. - Anyways, what are you reading?

- "Advancements in Potion Making", it's actually quite good.

- Can I read it with you? I just finished "The Basics of Herbology" and want to change the subject. - Hadrian smiled sheepishly.

- Sure, - Draco smiled and patted the spot next to him, - come here.

Just as Hadrian sat down next to Draco, there was a knock on the door.

Both boys looked at each other, surprised. Who could it be?

Another knock was sounded but there was no question. No calls.

- This is starting to get weird. - Hadrian mumbled. He drawed out his wand from his pocket, ready to act. He carefully glanced to his side and saw Draco doing the same.

- Is it normal to knock on people's compartments and not say anything? - Hadrian asked mockingly.

- No, so we are going to find out who is behind all of this ruckus and hex them into obliviation. - Draco sneered. They were taught some spells to protect themselves, and they wouldn't hesitate to use them.

Draco tiptoed to the compartment door and gently put his hand on the handle while Hadrian took his place opposite the blond. He mouthed quietly: "Three, two, one."

And he pulled.

Draco quickly put his leg out to trip dark figure in the hallway while Hadrian rushed forward, silently casting a "Petrificus Totalus". The figure fell down instantly, and they realized it was the highly-celebrated Chosen One.

- Potter, what are you doing here? - Draco sneered. - Are you here to flirt me? I must say my status and visage do tempt a considerable number of nobles, but it can't have the same effects on you?

Juliet stared at Draco virulently, her brown eyes were fuming with anger while she tried to talk back. Unfortunately for her the spell Hadrian had casted was so powerful that she couldn't do anything.

Draco smiled maliciously:

- Oh, trying to find an excuse, are you? Don't be, I know I have a lot of admirers, and you are simply one of them. They try to sneak in here sometimes, just to get some privacy time with me, but you don't have to, o Chosen One. I will announce your affections for me to the world so you don't have to maintain this secrecy.