Chapter 9: Mémoires

After hearing the goblin's request, Lucius took a quick glance at Snape before answering:

- Of course, and I shall put on some more protection charms just in case.

He pulled Severus out of the room:

- Please be careful with him. I can't guarantee your safety if you hurt the boy.

- You have my trust, lord Malfoy. - Griphook bowed and the door went shut.

When they were outside, Lucius pushed Severus down to the nearest armchair and pulled out his wand, casting some spells. Every now and then, he took a quick look at Severus, who obviously had not recovered from the shocking discovery.

After he had finished, Lucius sat down in a chair beside Snape and gently took his hands. Both men stayed silent for a while before Snape spoke:

- I can't believe it. Even if the test is right, I still can't believe it. Me? A father? Can believe that Lucius? - Severus laughed bitterly.

Lucius stayed silent, but his grip on Snape's hands grew tighter.

- I can't even remember the feeling when I...have him. - He stuttered a little. - I can't even remember being married to the Tom Riddle!!! - Snape shot up from his place, just to slumped back tiredly:

- How can I tell the boy I'm his father when I can't even remember?

Lucius soothingly rubbed Snape's back:

- Tell me, do you love him?

Snape stared blankly into space. He answered quietly:

- Yes. Yes I do.

- Then it is alright. You don't have to remember to love someone. They know that you love them and they love you. That is enough for them.

- Then what will I do if he hates me? – Severus exclaimed. –What will I do if he hates me for leaving him with those boneheaded Muggles? I can't stand it, Lucius.

Lucius was also afraid. He was afraid that his friend would break. Ever since Snape took Harry in, shocking truths seemed to appear out of nowhere, trying to knock him down. Snape had managed to keep himself calm, but Lucius knew that the wall was about to collapse. He stayed silent, not knowing what to say. He realized Severus must figure this out on his own. The room slowly returned to its former suffocating atmosphere.

Right then, Snape's mind was racing with millions of questions. He wasn't his usual self since he read that test. He could not stop doubting himself. His life had been a tragic one. Being abused by his father at home, and then being bullied by the Marauders when he was at school. Life was not fair to Severus Snape, and it made him felt lost and afraid. His true self was being laughed at, so he hid it under a mask so thick that no one could see through. He gave himself the name " The Half-blood Prince" and became a power-seeking creature that he despised later in life. That was Severus Snape. As such, he could not believe that someone could love him, and more astonishingly that someone was Tom Riddle, the Dark Lord.

Strangely as it was, but Severus remembered clearly when they first met. At that time, he just became the Potions Master, and the Dark Lord had requested him to make a potion that could accelerate the trees' growth. That was the first time Severus let someone saw his true self, although by accident.

- A...growing potion, my Lord? - Snape stuttered. He couldn't believe that a man as horrible as the Dark Lord could have a great love for trees.

- Yes, Severus. I want it for my forest-to-be on the East of my Mansion. Will that be alright?

At that time, Tom was smiling, and Severus was confused. He didn't understand what was happening. He just joined the Death Eaters, the Dark Lord's force, and heard a lot of rumours about how unpredictable the Dark Lord could be. So he just knelt there and stared dumbly at Tom. Came to think of it, it was very silly of him to do that.

Finally, it was Tom who broke the ice. He stood up, walked towards Snape and helped him up:

- I will be very happy if you make that potion for me. And next time, just call me "Tom". I shall be very delighted.

Severus was quite weak comparing to Tom so when the Lord pulled him up, he stumbled and bumped his head into Tom's chest. He was flustered but still managed a small nod and swiftly retreated out of the room. But when he was half way out, Tom spoke again, a genuine smile spread across his face:

- And next time, Severus, don't kneel. It breaks my heart to see you kneel...

That last sentence was quite a blow for Severus. He remembered his face heated up at the request, and Tom's distant chuckle when he ran out of the room. And he still did that now. He secretly hid his blushing face in his hands, successfully avoided Lucius' attentive gaze.

That little memory of his had, surprisingly, evoked strange feelings, coursing them through his veins, slowly engulfed him in emotions he had never felt before: anxiety, sadness, longing, and happiness. For the first time in years, Severus felt happy, happy because he recognised that he was loved for who he was. Fundamentally, he would not let go of his newfound, or longfound, love.

" I must remember", Severus thought, " I must remember my family."

Family. A word so strange yet so familiar when it lingered on the tip of his tongue. Oh how he had longed for a family of his own. He wouldn't let it go so easily.

As if Lady Magic heard his answer, the sound of a chain breaking apart rang in Snape's mind. Waves of memories flooded his brain, drowned him in his own joyous moments with Tom, and his little Harry, or I should say Hadrian.

Maybe the recovery was a bit overwhelmed, Severus felt dizzy. Though as happy as he was he couldn't help feeling sick. The world spinned around him and, before he knew it, collapsed before his eyes.

Everything went black.

~🍀~🐍~

Hiya readers, CIR here. Just wanna ask whether you enjoy the "Big Twist" or not. I kinda like Tom and Snape, and I really want Snape to have a happy life. I might include some more couples in here, don't mind guessing! 😁😁 Luckily, I'm getting my flow back, so it won't be long before I post another chapter. Thank you for reading my story. By the way, 2,58K reads, that's more than I can imagine! Thank you so much!!! 💜💚💙❤️ I won't drop this story, I promise. Love y'all. 😘😙🥳