Chapter 10: New Identity

Harry felt that years had passed before he woke up. His mouth was dry and his tongue tasted bitter. His head was acting like it had been hit by a hammer. His throat was so sore that he thought he had been screaming for hours. He had some trouble getting up as the bright light hurt his eyes. His vision went blurry for a moment before he could see his whereabouts.

It was small and shabby, the room he was staying. It was empty except for the bed he was lying, two chairs, and a sleeping goblin. To be honest, he was surprised to see a goblin here, so he woke him up, although he felt a bit guilty for disturbing the goblin's slumber.

Harry approached the goblin and gently shook his shoulders:

- Um, Mr goblin,-

Immediately after saying a few words did Harry notice the change in his voice. He quickly put his hands over his mouth, astonished. Although his throat was aching like crazy, he knew it couldn't be the main reason why his voice had changed. Instead of the squeaky, high pitch sound he used to make, his voice was now melodic and warm, a bit like Severus' voice. Harry knew right there and then that something was wrong, so he frantically search for a mirror, fearing his appearance might had a change for the worse.

By then, the goblin had awoken and was trying to get Harry to sit down:

- Mr...Potter, - the goblin hesitated before continuing, - please stop what you are doing and sit down. I want to inform you about your inheritance.

Harry, who had noticed the goblin's hesitance when calling his name, stopped abruptly. He doubtfully looked at the goblin and asked:

- Who are you and what do you know about my inheritance?

He coughed a bit and cautiously received a cup of water from the goblin. As for Griphook, he didn't seem offended, rather, he looked very pleased to see Harry acting attentive around him. He did not have a liking for people who weren't staying alert in these turmoil days.

- Very well, but I won't answer your questions unless you sit down. You are not stable yet. You'll still have a headache later on.

Harry eyed the goblin suspiciously before sitting down. He took a small sip and looked at Griphook, waiting for him to speak.

- First of all, my name is Griphook. I was summoned here by your...supervisor to release you from Dumbledore's blocks.

- So he did block me after all... - Harry sneered.

- Yes, so I suggest you keep a look out for him.

- You don't have to say that. Please continue with your answer. - Harry coolly said.

Griphook cleared his throat before continuing:

- As I was saying, while I was running some diagnosis, I accidentally found out your real family. However, they would want to tell you that themselves so I won't speak another word about this.

Griphook immediately cut off Harry's intentions of asking more questions, making him irritated. Oh well, waiting a bit longer wouldn't hurt.

- Next, there are a few changes about your appearance that are influenced by your family blood line. - The goblin grabbed a mirror and handed it to Harry. - Don't panic.

When he looked into the mirror, Harry was amazed to see the reflection of a handsome boy, beautiful if he would say. The boy had healthy white skin and straight black hair. His green eyes looked alluring with threads of red adorned his irises. His features were more delicate than ever before, making him a bit female-like, but still very handsome. His body was slimmer also, and he grew a few inches. Harry stared in awe at his new look. It was what he had imagined him to be. What's better, he wasn't short-sighted anymore. Harry smiled happily at his change.

- Why should I panic? What is meant to happen had happened. You can't change that. Besides, I like my new appearance.

Griphook let out a nervous sigh he was holding back:

- That's a relief to hear. Usually, people will start screaming and blowing things up.

- Well, I'm not normal, aren't I? - Harry replied with a smirk. - So, what must I know about my inheritance?

Griphook flashed a toothy smile and began telling Harry about his creature inheritance, Dark Elf.

- Dark Elves, opposite to Light Elves, are extraordinarily intelligent. They can understand more than 10 different creature languages at birth. In contrast to their counterparts, Dark Elves are very graceful and elegant. Moreover, they are also great artists. Their carvings and paintings are the best in the wizarding world. Every Dark Elf has his own special ability which is linked to his unique eye color. With all these advantages, Dark Elves are among the strongest magical creatures of the world. Those are the basic informations you need to know. Let's stop here, I need to return to Gringotts.

Harry slightly nodded:

- Thank you, you have done more than enough, Griphook.

Griphook stared into Harry's eyes. He felt there was something special about this boy, and felt relieved that he had chosen the right side of the war. He bowed:

- My work here is done. May your enemies fall before you.

- And may your gold prosper. - Harry answered in Gobbledygook.

Griphook bowed, but before he disapparated, he spoke something that made Harry nervous:

- You might want to go outside, I heard professor Snape had fainted. I don't know why, though.

A loud crack and the goblin disapparated. Harry, who no longer paid any attention to his surroundings, rushed to open the door. He almost cried out when he saw Severus lying unconscious on the floor. At that moment, his knees gave in and he collapsed, just to be caught by Lucius.

- Har-Hadrian, what are you doing here? You're not well enough to go about. - Lucius scolded him while checking him for injuries.

- I think I'm fine, uncle Lucius. But, is Sev alright? And why did you call me "Hadrian"? - Hadrian (I'll be calling him that now) brushed Lucius' hands away and scrambled closer to Severus. He worriedly looked at him, his hands unknowingly wrapped around the older man's.

- He will be fine, A little overwhelmed with memories, I think. - Lucius heavily said. - Your real name is Hadrian, "Harry" is just a foster name that Dumbledore gave you. You will know all about this problematic issue when Severus wake up.

Hadrian stared at Lucius, confused. However, he decided not to ask, the whole day itself was confusing anyway. He didn't want anymore headaches.

Lucius then helped Severus, who was still unconscious, lie down on a sofa nearby. He sighed heavily:

- Get some rest, Hadrian. You will have to wait for quite some time.

~~~

Hello dear readers! Surprise!! 🥳🎉 I got lucky with my story so I decided to post it right away!!! Anyway, please listen to the video above while reading, you'll be quite astonished when you hear it. (I was flattered to be honest when I watched that video) ❤️💜💙💚😘🌹

P.S. I saw a vampire in that video~~~ ❤️😍😆💜