Chapter 12

Lucy stood there at the top of the steps with her usual blank, nonchalant face as she stared down at them. Wearing her usual white dress, her long, golden hair trailed behind her with the ends of it tied into a single braid held together by a white bow. Sebas stood behind her and watched the students with disinterest. Walking down the steps with her shawl swaying gently behind her, she came down and greeted them. However, as she greeted them, she noticed that their eyes gazed upon the structure behind her and she tilted her head and looked behind her as well before giving a look of realization.

"It's a nice house, isn't it?" she remarked.

House?! they all gawked at her. It's a fucking estate! That's what it is!

Lucy blinked her eyes, not knowing why they were giving such an expression as they returned back to staring at the mansion with gaping mouths as beads of sweat rolled down their faces. They had asked to be invited and had literally bombarded her with their requests and seeing her place of residence, they could only look back and see how rude they were. In fact, the only thing they bought besides their textbooks and stationery were a few cakes from the bakery, drinks, and some light snacks to be shared with everyone. However, one look at Sebas and they knew that it was uncalled for. After all, it was Sebas. Her one and only butler who was talented in all fields. 

"S-Sorry, Lucy," Nakamura apologized as she continued staring. "We were really rude, weren't we? I guess there was a reason why you didn't want us to all come."

Lucy shook her head and gave a thumbs up. It was fine.

Nakamura stared at her before bursting out into laughter. "You really are a weird one, huh."

She blinked her eyes, not understanding what she meant. Her reaction only made Nakamura chuckle more and she stared at Lucy with a fondness in her gaze and smiled. She really was a nice girl. 

"We're really sorry for intruding," Kurahashi said as she handed over the box of cakes. "As an apology."

Lucy took the box of cakes from her and stared at it, her eyes lighting up for if there was one thing she liked, it was sweets. Sebas came up next to her and lowered his body a little as he placed a hand at his chest.

"Shall I take that, Lucy-sama?" he asked. 

Lucy smiled at him and nodded her head in enthusiasm.

Sebas widened his eyes before softening his expression as he wore a smile upon his lips and he took the box of cakes from her. "Then I shall go prepare tea right this moment. Narberal."

Narberal appeared immediately as she was called and bowed. "Understood, Sebas-sama."

As Sebas went to go prepare the tea for Lucy, Narberal stood by Lucy's side with a blank face and if Lucy's face wasn't blank enough, hers was even more blank — if that was even possible. As a maid of this mansion, she was absolutely loyal to Lucy and she made sure that nothing would harm her. She stood protectively behind Lucy but at a likable distance. 

"We also brought snacks!" Isogai exclaimed as a bunch of them held up grocery bags with sweets and chips in them.

"And the best accompaniment to that would be of course," Maehara grinned as he held up his bag and unrevealed it. "Soda! And the best soda is by far cola."

"I personally prefer sprite, though," Chiba argued.

"Uhm...I think Ginger Ale is better," Kanzaki offered her opinion of it.

"What are you guys talking about? Obviously, it's cola," Terasaka looked at them all as if they were a bunch of weirdos. "Right, Itona?" 

"I like Fanta," he immediately said.