Chapter 19

To say that the resort was big was an understatement; it was huge beyond compare. It truly lived up to its name as Hokkaido's #1 Hotel Resort and the fact that it was branded five stars. 

"They really have everything here," Karma noted as they walked past the waterpark which was visible through glass windows on the third floor. 

"Yeah. It's even bigger than the building in the assigned mission," Ritsu added.

"To prepare the best of the best and be the best of the best," Nagisa looked down at the waterpark as parents, couples, and kids went about, "it's like them."

Lucy looked down at the scenery with blank eyes before walking on as the two began to move. They matched their pace with hers, their eyes always observing her. What she liked and what she didn't, she showed it through her eyes. She did not use words so as to hide her thoughts and feelings and having realized so, each just quietly observed her for just by doing so, they learned more about her than they could've ever learned from talking to her. 

"There's even an ice skating rink here," Nagisa said in awe. "Let's go there sometime this week."

"After snowboarding?" 

"It's set."

"What about you, Lucy?" Karma turned. "Is there anywhere you want to go?" 

As he finished his words, he saw Lucy keenly staring at a kid who was walking by with her parents, a hand in her mom's hand while the other was wrapped around a stuffed panda's neck. She continued to stare at it with a blank face but he could see it. Her eyes were sparkling and her cheeks were tinted a rosy hue, her eyes continued to be glued on the stuffed panda even as the little girl walked past. 

"Wasn't the game center fun, Sayuri?" the dad grinned.

"Mn! Thank you for winning Sayuri the panda! Papa's the best!" the little girl exclaimed with joy.

The parents laughed as the dad bent down to pick up his daughter while the mom laughed by his side. Lucy watched them leave and seeing the smirks on Nagisa and Karma's faces as well as hearing Ritsu's snickering, she pursed her lips and bit back her feelings. But even though she tried to hide it, they had already seen it all.

"W-What?" Lucy mumbled, trying her best to keep up her indifferent attitude. 

"There's no hiding it, Lucy-san," Ritsu snickered. "That stuffed animal, you want one, don't you?" 

Hitting the bullseye, Lucy immediately flushed a beet red. Her bangs went on to shadow her face as she turned her head but the red tinge of her ears was apparent. They laughed at her desperate attempt to hide it and unable to bear seeing her hold herself back and be an obedient kid just like how she had been taught to be as an assassin, Karma pulled her wrist.

"Just say what you want," he grinned. "Right now, there's no need to put up a front. The game center, if you want to go, just say so. No one will get mad at you for being selfish."

Lucy widened her eyes as they made their way up the stairs and to the fifth floor, the sounds of music and banging becoming louder as they approached. Opening the door, they were welcomed by a bright stream of lights before their eyes accustomed themselves to the bright darkness. Lucy stared at her surroundings before turning to the two.

"Is it...really okay?" she peered up from underneath her lashes, scared that they would later change their minds.

"Of course!" Nagisa exclaimed as he pulled her along to the coin machine. "It's a trip and it's one that you earned!"

"We said it before, didn't we?" Karma patted her on the head. "Just have fun. Just for this week, be the Lucy Heartfilia who's a normal girl just like everyone else. Kay?" he winked at her.