Chapter 29

The five of them dashed off and even without words, they understood each other perfectly well as if they had been working together since a long time ago. They provided backup support just when they needed it and didn't miss a single step even as the bombs continued to drop. They were wounded here and there but refused to stop with their only goal set on getting to the aircraft that was dropping it down. 

"Just a bit more," Lucy gritted her teeth.

She ran across the field, avoiding each explosion as her eyes were wide with the sole desire to end it all. Korosensei latched onto it with a tentacle and seeing the chance, Lucy and Natsu immediately ran for it. 

"You really hate my guts, don't you?" Natsu stared at her. 

Lucy wore a blank face before smirking. "Who knows?"

"Lucy!" Karma called out as he held his hands out before him as a platform.

Smirking, he returned the same expression and placing her foot on his hands, he swung her up and landed atop the small aircraft. Jumping into the air, she swung her leg down, a blast of wind blowing her hair back as she immediately jumped back onto the ground, her hand on the floor as she stopped herself from skidding back. Lifting her head up, she saw the aircraft explode and pulling his black jacket off, Karma pulled it over the two of them and used it as a cover as Anti-Sensei bullets were sent flying in all directions. Korosensei, Nagisa, and Natsu all hid separately and with the final explosion of the aircraft as it landed back on the ground, they came out. 

Korosensei slithered on the ground and flinched as his tentacles started melting. 

"I guess this is a no-man zone for me," he said.

Strands of Lucy's hair turned into tentacles as it came into contact with the Anti-Sensei bullets on the ground, exploding and melting as soon as it came into touch.

"Indeed."

"So?" Karma asked as he looked around. "I'm assuming that this is all over now."

"That aircraft must've been sent as additional support," Natsu remarked as he looked at the well-made aircraft. No missiles would ever be able to make a dent in it and only Lucy would be able to. After all, it was coated with Anti-Sensei material and the only reason why Korosensei was even able to latch onto it was that he had wrapped his tentacles in a sheet. "Shiro-sama must think that you guys were still fighting against me."

"He's never been the type of man to choose his chess pieces wisely," Korosensei added.

"He overestimated himself," Nagisa had to agree, a bead of sweat rolling down his face. 

"Especially since he ended up choosing this guy over here as the one to attack," Karma laughed. "As to how he can still hold his head up high and boast so confidently is a mystery."

"You three," a tick mark appeared on Natsu's face. "Lucy."

Lucy remained silent. 

"They've been hanging around you so much that you've literally rubbed off on them," he commented with a sigh. 

"Not exactly," Karma said. 

"For one, Karma's always been like that," Nagisa replied.

"Two," Korosensei laughed, "our E-Class has always been like this. They're quite straightforward, my students."

Lucy smiled out of amusement and Natsu caught it out of the corner of his eyes. Though he hated to admit it, she really looked better being by their side. Compared to the always emotionless and blank face when she was with Fairy Tail, the gentle look in her eyes suited her much more.