Chapter 01 - The Letter

25th December

Hyderabad

The early morning Rays peeped inside the room. Making her feel lovely under her blanket. Christmas was ready to embrace the day. Her hairs fell on her face disturbing her beautiful sleep. She opened her eyes and realised that it's the day. Jumping up on the bed , she rushed inside the washroom. Came out draping herself in a pretty outfit. A small smile never failed to leave her lips. She was glowing in happiness , looking at herself through the mirror.

"It's the day"she said to herself and smiled inwardly.

To disturb her chain of thoughts the calling bell rang outside. She smiled and ran towards the entrance

With a thudding heart she opened the door wide

With a thudding heart she opened the door wide. She saw the postman outside holding a letter and a small box in his hands.

"Anjali Krishnamoorthy?" He asked.

"Offo..postman Anna. You always forget me. We meet every month right" Anjali asked pouting. Postman scratched his head.

"I'm new here madam" he said.

"Really" she said and laughed " Leave it and Give it to me" she snatched the letter and the box from him.

"Sign please" the postman said. She signed in a hurry and rushed upstairs. Locking herself in the room , she lay on her bed. Then opened the letter with a bright smile on her face.

Dear Anjali...

21st December

Outskirts of Pakistan

He sat on a wooden chair leaning backwards. He wore 2 tight jackets to keep himself warm from the hard snow fall. His constant companion , brownie sat near him licking his feet.  He had a pen and a paper in his hands. As he wrote from his heart.

Dear Anjali ,

Dear Anjali ,

How are you doing? Hope you are going good there. I'm great here.  Happy Christmas my girl. I badly wanted to write this earlier. But you know things over here right? Being a soldier is not an easy thing. Snow fall is too much this month and we hardly have range over the phone.
Anyway how are you doing? And studies? Remember you are in the final year and  when I come over , I want to meet doctor Anjali Krishnamoorthy. Hope your Hitler appa is not forcing you for marriage and all those stuffs.
Anyway I've got a new friend here other than brownie. He just joined and still young. His name is Arjun. A stupid fella. But he is fun to be with. He talks too much. At times he reminds me of you. And I'm Missing you here. Last time you wrote about your studies. That tensed me girl. Leave all other stuffs and concentrate only on your studies okay?
How's meera doing? Do convey my wishes on her results. She rocked. I want to write more but I have to leave for my trials now.
Dont be angry my darling. Haha I wish to see your face now. Anyway I'm sending a small Christmas present for you. Hope you'll like it. Dont forget that I still miss you and I love you.

Bye doll.
Take care.

Love Siddharth

Tears rolled down her cheeks and she kept his letter close to her heart. She opened the small wodden box which had a small diamond ring. She smiled and slid them in her finger. Kissing them gently. She smiled with tears.

"I miss you Siddharth"

*****

Introducing Prabhas and Anushka as Siddarth and Anjali

♡ Nila ♡