Chapter 06 - Engagement

Siddharth stormed inside the Majors cabin.

"Siddharth?"the major said surprised

"Sir. I need to head back home. It's urgent" he said. Major looked at him shocked.

"Anything wrong? What happened?"

"I want to go home" he repeated.

"Okay relax. Sit here"

Siddharth sat opposite to him.

"Siddharth. It's the first time you are saying that you should get back home. You're efficient in your work. But you know things over here right. Especially this month. We can expect an attack any time. So siddharth. I'm really sorry"

"Sir I know. I'm not being selfish. But it's urgent"

"Whats the matter?"

He fell silent. He took a deep breath and spoke.

"Sir. Anjali is getting engaged sir. I can't let that happen. I've promised to return back to her one day. I love her so much. She mean a lot to me. Please let me go sir"

"I can understand you Siddharth. But. You know things better than me right. Only Arjun is allowed to go this month. No one else. I'm really sorry to say. You are hardworking Siddharth. Can't you sacrifice it for your country?"

Siddharth fell silent. A lonely tear rolled down his cheeks. He haven't cried for so long.

"Siddharth listen..."

Before he completes he walked out of the Majors cabin.

It's been a week since she had send the letter to him. There's no response from his side. That made her tensed. On the other side she wanted to talk to Naveen about Siddharth but she didn't wanted to make her father sad again. She hoped and prayed for his letter thinking that he'll come. Nothing happened.

Siddharths condition was worser than her. Arjun noticed him. He wasn't talking to anyone. He was totally immersed in his thoughts. A part of him was sure that Anjali is never gonna be his.

Siddharth was sitting in his bed his face ducked inside his palm. He felt Arjuns touch in his shoulder. He wiped his tears and looked back at Arjun and smiled. Arjun sat besides him.

"All set? "Siddharth asked. Arjun nodded.

"Good."

"Anna. How will I go leaving you here in this condition"

Siddharth smiled at him.

"I'm okay Arjun. Ill fate. What else Im I supposed to say?"

Arjun nodded.

"Today is her engagement. And I know what should I do"

Arjun held his hands.

"Cheer up man. Leave it" Siddharth said smiling.

"I m not going home" Arjun said making Siddharth shocked.
.
.
.
Anjali stood in front of the mirror. She was looking gorgeous for her engagement. She couldn't believe whats happening around her. For the past few weeks she's been living in a hell. Where her soul doesn't belongs to. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

Meera took her downstairs. Naveen was standing in the stage.

 Naveen was standing in the stage