Chapter 08 - Learning The Truth

After one month

Hyderabad

Anjali bit her lower lip unable to control her tears. She was almost loosing a battle. Soon she was crying like a two year old. Naveen held her hands. She just opened up everything with him. They were sitting in his office cabin , opposite to each other.

"Anjali...stop crying. Calm down please" he said.

 Calm down please" he said

" I don't know Naveen. Whether He's Alive or not. I over joyed when I got his letter. But...it's been a month. There's no news of him. No replies to my letters. I don't know...." She cried again. He got up from his chair and hugged her. She hugged him back tightly and let her tears out.

"I know what you are feeling right now. And I don't know what should I say" he said.

She broke the hug and wiped her tears.

"He's the only one I loved Naveen. I want him back. "

She cried again.

"Anjali.. please calm down first"

He made her sit in the chair and knelt down.

"I can understand you. But see look here. We are engaged. If you would have told me about this before our engagement i myself would avoid this proposal. But see where we have reached. Our marriage is fixed for next month"

She nodded her head.

"I know Naveen.

"My family is also happy like yours. But before we take any further step we want to make sure whether Siddharth is alive or not."

"I can't make appa sad again"

"We should wait. We should wait for him. You've already send letters to him and he haven't replied for any one of them. "

She cried more. He touched her hands.

"Accept the reality Anjali. I don't want to break your heart. I know you won't be happy if we get married. But I don't want to break my family's happiness too..it's all up to you. "

She looked at him teary eyed.

"What do you want me to do?" She asked

"I don't know. I'm confused as well. But I'll say one thing Anjali. I myself couldn't move away from this dilemma. You are the one who should decide. I will wait for you."
.
.
.
Arjuns death shattered Siddharth all over. He never talked to anyone. He felt lonely and terrified. He couldn't accept the fact that he is no longer with him. He cursed himself for spoiling Arjun. And his happiness. His family. Everything. He received Anjalis letters telling about her marriage. He didn't had the guts to reply to her. Lots of thoughts came into his mind. If something happens to him like what happened to Arjun , he would spoil Anjalis life. He didn't want that. He wished her happiness. He moved on From everything.

Siddharth stood near the plane ground. Gazing through lots of other army men like him. Each one had their own life and stories. He wondered why on earth they had come here , leaving their family like him. He thought about Arjun. He couldn't believe that's he's no more. He would hallucinate at times. He saw Arjun smiling at him. His mind was disturbed like his soul.
Tears rolled down his cheeks whenever he recalled Arjun. He didn't wipe them off. He let them flow. Dhruvs touch on his shoulder brought him back to reality. He wiped his tears. And looked at him. Dhruv sat besides him.

"Siddharth.. "

"I'm alright Dhruv"

"Why did you deny going back to your hometown?"

"I can't. It's my past dhruv. This is my place. My past , present and future."

"You're thinking wrong. Your mom is there right. Can't you go and meet her?"

Siddharth sighed.

"No Dhruv. I'm no more her son. I couldn't look after her like she wished. I failed dhruv. I failed as a son. I failed as a lover and I failed as a brother. I couldn't do anything for Arjun"

He fell silent.

"But You can do something else"

Siddharth looked at Dhruv.

"Remember Arjun had given you something for his wife. You can give it to her. You can meet your mother. If possible Anjali too"

"I won't be able to meet his wife. I can't"

Dhruv touched his shoulder.

"Trust me Siddharth. You need to go. At least for the last time"

Siddharth looked at him and took a deep breath and nodded. He knew that Samaira was pregnant. She is carrying Arjuns children and she is alone.

 She is carrying Arjuns children and she is alone

"I'll go"
.
.
.
After 2 weeks.

"Have a good journey" dhruv said as he hugged Siddharth. They were on the railway station. He had came to drop him off. Siddharth smiled and nodded. He helped him to keep his luggage's at his place. The train started moving. Dhruv waved at Siddharth and the train zoomed off.

Siddharth was sitting in his seat. Lots of thoughts came into his mind. He's going  home. Unlike before he wasn't excited. He was in two mind's. Meeting Anjali will be a mistake. It's her marriage in few days. And he don't want to go in front of her. And Arjuns wife. May be his visit will broke her more.

With all the thoughts his eyes fell on a mother , whos sitting opposite to him. She's patting her son to sleep. He cried in her father's arms. But when he came to his mother's lap he over joyed and fell on her shoulder.

Siddharth smiled at the sight. It reminded him of his mother. He haven't talked to her for so long. He took out his phone from his pocket and dialled to his home. His mother attended the call in his 6th ring.

"Hello"she spoke.

"Ma" he said. She realized his voice. Her eyes got filled up. She smiled and cried at the same time.

"Siddhu"

*****

♡ Nila ♡