Chapter 09 - Home Coming

*Introducing
Rashmika mandanna as Samaira*

Fresh air of his hometown invited him. Finally he was back to his city after so long. He wasn't happy. He wasn't sad as well.

Siddharths phone buzzed. Dhruv had send him Arjuns address. He took a taxi and found his home.

A lady in her mid twenties opened the door for him. She had a baby bump which she held while walking. Siddharth stood outside holding a small bag in his hands.

"Samaira?"

She looked at him confused.

"I'm Siddharth. I was Arjuns senior in the camp" he said. She did realise him.

She smiled and nodded.

"Please come in"

He came inside and she asked him to sit. He did. He examined her face. She looked pale and tired. He felt guilty.She was elegant, like how Arjun used to mention her. He looked around and saw Arjuns and hers photos hanging in the wall.

"Are you okay?" He asked after a silence

"Are you okay?" He asked after a silence. She nodded.

"I'll make something for you" she struggled to stand up.

"No no it's fine. Please don't stress yourself"

She gave him a wry smile. He took a deep breath and looked at her.

"Arjun used to talk a lot about you Samaira"

"Trust me. He used to talk a lot about you too. Actually half of his conversation would be about you and his camp. Arjun told everything. Your love story. And everything"

Tears formed in her eyes. Siddharth too fought back tears.

"I'm sorry" he said after a pause. She raised her head and looked at him.

"You don't need to anna. You never did anything wrong. It was Arjun who decided not to come back"

"He did that for me. In turn I couldn't do anything for him. Nothing"

Tears rolled down his cheeks. Hers as well.

He wiped his tears and opened his bag. He took out a huge box from the bag and gave it to her.

"Take this. Arjun wanted me to give this to you. I don't know what's this. Open it and see "

Samaira took the box from him and looked at him. He asked her to look further. She tore the wrapper of the box and opened the lid of the box. Inside she found two pairs of little shoes , two pairs of anklets. Two pairs of toys and many other things for his little ones.