Chapter 03 - Her Dilemma

*Introducing
Prakash Raj as Krishnamoorthy
Nadiya moidu as Sita
Sai pallavi as Meera *

*Introducing Prakash Raj as KrishnamoorthyNadiya moidu as SitaSai pallavi as Meera *

Hyderabad

Two months later..

Anjali lay on her bed playing with her pen. She took the paper in her hands. Thinking what to write.

Siddharth ,

Siddharth ,

How are you doing? And how's the weather there? You know I'm so happy and sad at the same time.  Because as you know my exams are over and I'm almost a doctor now. And remember you promised me that you'll come and meet Me after my exams. Do you even remember that Mr.? And I  seriously hope that you won't break your promise. If so remember that I'll never talk to you. Remember I'll never ever talk to you. You know that selfish Anjali is still inside me. You'll come right? I know you'll come.
Secondly , I'm gonna miss my friends so badly here after. That's why I'm so sad. But it's fine. Im happy that I'll get my old friend back from now on.  When are you coming back Siddharth? Dont make excuses like last time. Please come back soon.
And how's your Arjun there? I hope you're happy  there. Amma , appa and meera is doing fine here.  Lekha aunty is also missing you here. Last time I saw her in the temple. She said you barely talk to her now. I want you to come here next month. If possible next week. Because I miss u sooooooo much.

Bye  and Take care.

Love Anjali

"Akka come down soon" she heard meeras voice from downstairs. Anjali folded her letter and kept it under her diary. She went down and saw her parents seated in the dining table for dinner. She sat silently besides them and started having their food. Krishna broke silence.

"When is your results Anjali?"He asked.

"After two months appa"she said.

"Hmm. You know Deva. My friend. His son is an engineer. He works in Bangalore. He is here for a week now. He wants to meet you" he said.

"Meet me? Why?" Anjali asked.

"Anjali. You know their family right. They want their son to..." Krishna spoke. Anjali intruppted him.

"Appa. If you are talking about Marriage. I'm not interested. I don't want to meet anyone" Anjali said.

"You are no one to decide that. He's just coming and meeting you. Where's the problem?"

"I don't want to meet him. Appa I just completed my course. I want to land a job first. In a good hospital. But marriage..."

"You can do that after marriage too" Krishna said.

"But.."

"Listen dear. They'll just come and meet you. It's all upto you then. Meet him first. I know you'll like him. Boys like him are rare these days."

Anjali fell silent. A lonely tear escaped from her eyes. She stood up to leave. 

Anjali stood near the window. She felt the chill breeze touching her cheeks. Tears rolled down her cheeks. She closed her eyes as if to keep her composure. She felt a gentle touch her on shoulders. Wiping her tears off , she turned back and saw her mother. Within no time she hugged her tightly and cried in her arms. Sita caressed her hairs.

"Anjali"she called her gently

"I don't want to get married Amma. Why can't appa understand? I just completed my course. I want to land a job and work"

"You know your appa more than me right? He never listens to anyone"

"Its my life and I'm the one who should take decisions for myself"

"I know dear. But think from his side too. He's a father. It's his responsibility to take care of you as well as your sister"

Anjali looked at her mother teary eyed.

"You don't need to rush. But there's no wrong in meeting him. Just like you are meeting a friend. That's all." She said and Anjali nodded although in half agreement.

"Dont think about that now. You might be tired right. Go and sleep now"

Sleep was far away from Anjali. She turned and tossed in her bed , wondering whether she should say everything to Siddharth. But she didn't wanted to make him tensed at any cost.
.
.
.
Siddharth  came inside his room and fell on his bed totally exhausted. He crawled up like a baby and closed his eyes to sleep. He was tired after a long trials session.

"Siddharth..how are you doing and how's the weather there....?" A voice intruppted him. Siddharth opened his eyes and found Arjun reading his letter. He jumped from the bed.

"Arjun. You idiot" he ran towards him to snatch the letter.

 You idiot" he ran towards him to snatch the letter

"Wait wait. I Didn't complete" Arjun tried to read the rest. Siddharth snatched the letter from him. Arjun laughed.

"Too romantic" he said giggling.

"From where did you get this?" siddharth asked

"When Mr. Siddharth was out for trials"

Siddharth smiled and sat on his bed. He read the letter in a go and smiled to himself.

"Are you going?" Arjun asked.

" I don't think I can. I need to ask to Major sir" Siddharth said. Arjun smiled and patted his back. Siddharth smiled back.

*****

♡ Nila ♡