Chapter 05 - Shattered

Hyderabad

After few weeks

Anjali drove her scooty with a smile. She had received Siddharths letter making her more happy. She walked inside her house and found Krishna and Sita waiting for her in the hall. She ignored them and tried to walk upstairs.

"Anjali." Krishna called her. She turned back and faced them.

"Come here ma" he called her affectionately. She walked to them and got seated in the couch.

"See here. Naveens family had send a couple of sarees for you. Tell me. Which one did you like?" Krishna asked smiling. Anjali shot him a look.

 Anjali shot him a look

"Appa. Why should they send me these. I'm not interested in anything. Send these back to them" she said and got up from the couch.

"They brought these for your engagement" Sita said in between. Anjali looked back at her parents shockingly.

"Engagement?"

Krishna got up and touched her shoulders

"Yes ma. We thought it's better to conduct a engagement now. Naveen should return back to Banglore this week"

"Appa. Did I say that I liked him ? You people went beyond and even fixed the engagement date without my knowledge. How can you do that?"

"Anjali. You didn't liked him. Dont you? He's good looking. Well educated and settled. What else. you need" he asked

"Appa. He's good looking and well settled. But if a relationship should work. People show know and understand each other so well. How can we understand each other in just one meeting?" She asked.

"Anjali. You can meet him whenever you wish. After the engagement"

"Appa please dont force me for this. I don't want marriage now. I want a job. Let me stand in my own feet first."

"Anjali..they have decided the date ma" Sita intruppted.

"Ask them to cancel it. "

"You can't just live like you wish Anjali" Krishna shouted.

"Appa please. Try to understand. Your forcing me for this....."before she could complete krishna raised his hand to silence her.

"I don't want to hear a thing. You're getting engaged. That's it"

"Appa please. I can't marry him. I can't marry anyone"

"Why?"

"Because i love siddharth" she almost blurted out only to receive a tight hard slap from her father.

She fell on the floor. Tears rolled down her cheeks. Sita rushed to her.

"Are you out of your senses.Anjali. did you just say that you love that boy who went to die?" Krishna shouted