Chapter 10 - A Journey Towards Her

A day before Anjalis marriage

Siddharths POV

It's Sinking in finally. I may not meet Anjali ever in my life. May be this is my fate. Our fate. We were not destined to be together. We were not meant to be. It's her marriage tomorrow. I don't know what she will be going through now. Definitely she'll be sad. But soon she'll realise what she did was right. I know she will be mad at me. And now she hates me more than anyone. i never ever want to go in front of her. But my heart is leading to me somewhere. May be it's an eager. To see her after 6 years.

I looked at the gift box I've kept for her. It was the same saree which I brought for her that day. Amma compiled me to go and meet her atleast for the last time. I felt it right. She would definitely slap me at the moment. I don't have the guts to face her. But I'll definitely go. Atleast to get a glimpse of her.

I took out the letter from my pocket. My last letter for her. I controlled my tears while writing these. I read it almost 100 times again and again to know whether I have ever hurted her with words. I read it again.

Dear Anjali ,

I want you to remain calm when you read this letter. If possible be calm afterwards too. I know Anjali. Ive done a big mistake. A very big mistake. I let myself go in flow even after knowing that I'm doing a very big mistake. Im sorry. I'm really very sorry. That's all I can say. I know you are angry with me. And you never want to see my face again in your life. Trust me. You won't see me again. Im writing this letter to inform you something. I'm leaving to Delhi for rest of my training. And I may not return back to Hyderabad. This was my last visit. I'm leaving Ma in my uncle's home. She's weak and tired. I feel guilty that I couldn't look after her like the way she wanted. Believe me Anjali. Things would get worse if I stay here anymore.
You're father was right. I'm a soldier. My life is for my country. And I feel proud for that. You'll be never be happy if you are with me. I cant see another Samaira in you. So no tears. Be a good girl.
Naveen is a nice guy. I got to know many things about him. He's lucky to get you. He'll look after you better than anyone else. I'm leaving you here with your parents and Naveen.
No parents will wish to see their daughter as a widow. I'm not upset with your father. Indeed he have all the rights to take every decision in your life. That's all he did.
You're in my heart forever Anjali and no one can take your place there. Youre the only girl I loved. And I'll do so till my last breath.

Happy married life. Take care. And keep your charming smile always.

Love Siddharth.

I let my tears flow. Ma stormed inside the room. I immediately wiped my tears and tried looking normal.

"Siddhu. You didn't go yet?"

"Just leaving Ma"

I folded the letter and kept it inside my pocket. I took the gift box and got up to leave. Ma came forward and held my hands

"Are you doing the right thing"

I nodded my head and smiled. Ma side - hugged me tightly

"You be happy always. Okay? That's all I want" she said. I hugged her back.

"I know ma. I'm following my mind more than my heart. "