Reunion [Kagami Taiga X Reader] Part 1/2

You had been friends with Kagami Taiga since you two were in third grade back in America shortly after he moved there from Japan. You met Kagami through Himuro Tatsuya, your best friend from Kindergarten. Over the years you've known Kagami, you developed a crush on him. Little did you know, he had also developed a crush on you too. When both you and Kagami were sixteen years old, he moved back to Japan. Before you two parted ways, you made a promise to Kagami that you'd see him again. An opportunity came for you to go to Tokyo, Japan for two months with your Japanese class at school. Obviously you took it with hopes of seeing Kagami again. It had only been a few months since he moved back, but you missed Kagami a lot. The trip was a study trip but you were given time to go off on your own and explore a bit. You came across a fast food restaurant called Maji Burger during your free time. You smiled because the place seemed like a place Kagami would like to eat. You decided to go inside just for the heck of it plus you were hungry.

"Two dozen cheeseburgers please." The guy a few places in front of you placed his order. That voice sounded familiar. You peeked your head to the side to see who it was at the front the line. And sure enough, there was Kagami picking up a tray full of cheeseburgers.

"Taiga!" You yelled and ran out of your place in line to say hi to him. He looked in the direction of your voice. A smile formed on his face as he saw you run towards him.

"(y/n)! What are you doing here in Japan?" Kagami asked you, both surprised and delighted to see you at the same time.

"I'm here on a trip with my Japanese class for two months. Anyways it's so good to see you! Are you still playing basketball?" You said as you sat down at his table.

"Yeah. I'm playing for Seirin High School. You doing good? You can help yourself to some of my cheeseburgers if you'd like." Kagami said as you nodded your head yes and smiled before taking a cheeseburger from the enormous pile. You and Kagami talked for a while, catching up with each other. Your phone's alarm went off for you to meet back up with your class.

"Dang it. I have to meet up with my class. I'll talk to you later. It was great seeing you again and catching up." You said as you got up from the table with a smile. But that smile was soon replaced by a disappointed look.

"Want to meet here tomorrow during your free time?" Kagami asked you as the smile returned to your face.

"Yeah, let's do that. I'll be free again at 6:00 pm tomorrow. Can you make that time?" You said as Kagami nodded in response.

"Cool! I'll see you tomorrow at 6:00 pm then." Kagami said as you waved goodbye and left the restaurant. After you left, Kagami thought about your reunion for the rest of the day and all night long. And he realized just how much he missed you. When he saw you at Maji Burger earlier, he honestly thought his heart was going to explode. His feelings for you had multiplied in your time apart. He then made a promise to himself that he would confess his feelings for you tomorrow when he saw you again.

~Time Skip: The Next Day~

You and Kagami met at Maji Burger and Kagami ordered the usual of two dozen cheeseburgers and two large sodas then went over to a table to go sit down at. As you were chowing down on a cheeseburger, Kagami rested his chin on his hand and stared at you. He didn't even realize that he was staring at you until you spoke.

"What?" You asked, after you swallowed what was in your mouth and started sipping on your soda.

"Oh um... I've been wanting to tell you this for a while now. I-I like you and I would really love it if you would be my girlfriend." Kagami confessed to you as you almost spit out your soda in shock.

"R-really?" You asked, blushing as he nodded his head yes.

"(y/n), will you be my girlfriend?" Kagami asked you as he started to blush a little.

"Yes, of course I will! I've liked you for a long time too." You answered back. Both of you slowly leaned in closer until your lips met in a sweet kiss.

~TO BE CONTINUED~

Thanks for reading! This fan fiction is story 1 of a Kuroko no Basuke X-Reader Short Stories collection I wrote. This is part 1 of a two-shot Kagami Taiga X Reader short story. This story is actually a scenario for a Kuroko no Basuke boyfriend quiz I made on Quotev. Here's the URL to the quiz if you want to take a shot at it (just copy and paste it into the address bar):

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/10084174/Kuroko-no-Basuke-Boyfriend-Quiz-with-Scenarios-Girls-Only