Chapter 3- Joey's POV

I text all my friends good morning then go in the bathroom and wash my face. When I come out I have a text from everyone...except Shane. "That's strange." I think out loud. Shane always answers my morning texts. Maybe he's busy. He'll probably answer when he gets the chance. I go downstairs and start making breakfast when my phone rings. I look at the caller i.d.

Joey- GOOD MORNING!!!!

Shane- *silence*

Joey- Shane? Are you there?

Shane- ...Yah...um...can you come over?

His voice sounded weird.

Joey- Um yah. Are you ok?

Shane- ...No...I-I'll talk to y-you when you get here. *hangs up*

Something's not right. Too worried to eat, I threw away my breakfast and rushed upstairs. I threw on a tank top and shorts and grabbed my keys and ran out the door, locking it behind me. I ran to Satsuki, got in, and raced to Shane's. I got to his house and knocked on the door.

"Shane?! Are you ok?!" I shouted, banging on the door. I tried the doorknob and it was unlocked. I let myself in. He was sitting on the couch. I walked around to look at his face. His hair was messy. His face was puffy and streaked with crust from crying. He was wrapped in a blanket, his bare chest exposed.

"Shane? What's wrong? Where's Lisa?" I questioned as I knelt down and touched his shoulder.

"L-L...sh-she um left..." He stuttered, his voice cracking a little.

"Oh, ok. Um when will she be back?" "Sometime this week...to get the rest of her s-stuff." He looks me in the eyes. "She's gone, Joey. She left. What did I do wrong? I thought...I thought w-we w-were gonna g-get married!" He was a little hysterical now. Tears streaming down his face. It broke my heart to see him this way.

"...why did she leave?" I asked. My eyes were starting to tear up.

"She said she was ready to settle down. Ready to get married. She said she wasn't...'satisfied in our relationship'. I guess she was looking for something I couldn't give her..." He said, looking down. As if he was ashamed. As if it was his fault.

"Shane, look at me. This is NOT your fault, ok?! Don't blame yourself. If she truly loved you, she would be here right now. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. I know this sounds really corny, but it's true. You deserve someone better. And one day, you'll realize it." I said as I hugged him. We sat there like that for what felt like forever. Him in my arms. Eventually his breathing slowed. He stopped crying. I was kind of starting to get hungry. As if Shane read my mind, his stomach growled.

"Ha. I guess we're thinking the same thing." I laughed. "Let's go get lunch."

"Ok. I need to get ready. Ugh I bet I look like shit." He looks at me and smiles. "Thanks Joey. You're a great friend."

"Well. That's what friends are for." Yah...friends. He gets up and goes to his bedroom. I hear noises, I'm guessing him grabbing clothes. Then I hear the shower start, so I decide to vlog.

"Hello everyone. So I'm here at Mr.Shane Dawson's and he is getting ready because we are going to get us some nom noms! He is currently in the shower so I'll see you at the restaurant!" I turn off my camera and wait. The shower cuts off and after a while, Shane comes down the hallway.

"Alright! Let's go!" He says excitedly.

"Alrighty!" I say. He locks the house and we get in the car and drive away. I wish this was a date, but hey. Even a friends day makes me happy. As long as I'm with him.