Chapter 14- Joey's POV

"Wh-what are you doing here?!" Shane asks. I look back to see who's at the door. My heart drops as I see who's at the door. I wrap myself in the blanket and tiptoe to the bedroom. What is Lisa doing here?! Did she see me?! I silently shut the door but leave it cracked a little so I can hear what's going on. They sound like they are having a small argument.

Lisa: Shane, you told me to come over today because you had plans yesterday.

Shane: Yah, well you could have called!

Lisa: I did. You didn't answer. Look, can I get my stuff or not?!

Shane: Yah. Whatever. The bedrooms a mess.

Oh shit. I throw the blanket onto the bed, drop down onto the floor, and crawl under the bed. After laying there for a second, I realize my clothes are on the floor. I rush and grab my shirt and jeans and scurry back under the bed just in time to see the door open.

Shane: Do you need help?

Lisa: Yah. Will you just help me carry the rest of my clothes and stuff from the closet and I'm gonna go grab my stuff from the bathroom and garage.

Shane: Yah. That's fine.

They enter the closet and start moving stuff and going through their clothes. I'm trying to be as silent as possible. They continue gatherings her things, going back and forth between the closet and her car. I hear Lisa's voice from outside the bedroom.

Lisa: Hey! I'm gonna get my stuff from the garage and then the office and theeeen...I'll be done.

Shane: K!

I hear footsteps walking away. The front door opens and then closes.

"Joey?!" Shane half whispers, half yells.

"I'm under the bed!" I whisper back. Shane drops down right in front of me.

"Hey! You ok?" he asks.

"Yah. I mean it's kind of uncomfortable, but it's whatever."

"I'm trying to rush her. I promise!" He says. We hear the door open. Shane quickly stands up and walks into the closet.

Shane: Come make sure you grabbed everything.

Lisa: Ok. Hold on a second.

I hear her shuffling around in the kitchen.

Lisa: What did you do with all those treats I jut bought Corny?

Shane: I don't remember. Why?

Oh no. Is she thinking about taking Corny?

Lisa: 'Cause moving is gonna stress her out, and the treats will help.

Shane stops moving.

Shane: What did you just say?

Lisa: I said moving-

Shane: Corny isn't going anywhere.

Lisa: Um, yes...she is.

Shane: Lisa, you can take anything else but Corny.

Lisa: Shane, I'm not arguing over-

Shane- And I'm not either. You are not taking her. This is the one thing I'm asking for. You could take EVERYTHING, Lisa, but you are NOT taking Corny!

By the end of the sentence, Shane's voice was cracking. I almost started tearing up at the thought of Shane crying. Corny is like a child to Shane. The fact that Lisa would even think about taking her from him is...sickening.

Lisa: Shane...

Shane: You know what?...get out.

Lisa: Shane, wh-

Shane: GET OUT! YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR SHIT SO GET OUT!

Lisa: Fine!

The door slams. I slowly crawl out from under the bed. I walk out into the living room to find Shane sitting on the couch holding Corny. I sit beside him.

"You ok?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yah. I probably overreacted. It's just...the thought of losing Corny..." He trailed off, looking down at Corny.

"I completely understand, Shane. Corny's your baby."

"I feel bad because she's technically Lisa's too, but I feel like closer to her. I need her. " He tears up, so I hug him. I love the way he's so passionate about Corny.

"Well she's gone, hopefully forever, so what I think you should do is completely cut her off. Don't talk to her. It's just you, me, and Corny. " I smile at him. He puts corny down, grabs me, and kisses me. It's a deep, passionate kiss. I move to where I'm straddling him. I wrap my arms around his neck as he puts his hands on my waist. He then pauses to take his shirt off, but quickly resumes. I lick his bottom lip, asking for permission. In response, he pulls me tighter against him, grabs the back of my head, and gives me the answer I was hoping for. I let him have dominance and take control. I pull away to breathe, but only for a second before dipping my head to kiss his jaw. From his jaw, I kiss down his neck and throat to his chest, leaving a love bite where no one besides me would see it. I pull away and stare him. His eyes are full of passion and lust. His breathing fast, his lips red. Ooh, the things I would do to this man. We both said we would wait, but who knew where this was going? I resume kissing him, only to be interrupted by my phone. I ignore it, figuring whoever it was could just leave me a voicemail. The phone finally stops ringing, only to start again a couple of seconds later.

"Ugh, who is it?!" Shane breathlessly asks. I stand up and walk over to the kitchen counter to grab my phone. I gasp!

"Meghan!" I shout. I pick up the phone.

Joey: Ok. Don't hate me...

Meghan: WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!

Joey: Ow! My ear! I've...been at Shane's.

Meghan: You could have called!

Joey: I'm sorry! We've been having so much fun just hanging out and I've been helping him deal with the breakup.

I turn and wink at him.

Meghan: Oh yah...how's he doing?

Joey: He's great actually.

I turn and smile. He smiles back, melting my heart. This man will be the death of me!