chapter 1- "A new begining"

Crystals P.O.V

Never in my life did i think i could love so much. Looking back from now i could of never imagined my life to end up this way. Never in my life have i thought i could hurt so much, its crazy how someone i never knew existed means so much to me now. And i hate admitting that shes gone. I'm Crystal and this is my story.

Well joy to the flipping world its the first day of school and summer is officially over. I dont even feel like going to school, just thinking about it makes me exhausted so i just fall back asleep.

Suddenly my bedroom door is busted wide open and my brother Saul runs in and jumps on me. "Saul, get the hell out of my room!!" i yell

"calm your ass cheeks" he chuckles. "It's your first day of your freshman year, get up" he adds

"Whatever" I say and throw a pillow at him as he exits my room

Saul is my older brother, hes 15 and a sophomore . While I'm just you average 14 year old freshman.

When i get to the kitchen i grab the box of cheerios and make a bowl. My mom (Glori) is making coffee, Saul is also eating cereal, and my dad (Isaac) is on his IPad. My mom is Dominican and my dad is black.

I look up feeling someones eyes burning on me to find my dad starring at me.

'What?" I ask confusingly

"No good morning?" he asks

"Good morning." i say flatly with a straight face and he just goes back to his IPad

Asshole

My dad and I have never really had the best relationship. Sometimes it fine and bare able; other times its terrible and I hate it. as much as I hate him i try to convince myself that I love him because hes my dad and I should love him. But he never listens to what i have to say and its like no matter how hard i try or what i do its never good enough for him.

" Crystal i suggest if you don't want to walk to school today we leave now." Saul says pointing at the time.

I grab my blue anchor back pack the reads be your own anchor and i follow Saul out the door. When I get on the bus i see the twins Kiara and Keona and sit next to them. When i sat down next to them they both stare at me.

"What?" i ask

"Girrrl that's your brother??" Keona asks pointing to Saul behind us

"Yeah" I say with a confused look

"He is fineee!" Kiara says

"Ew that's my brother stop it" I whine slapping them both

-------------------------

"And there goes trouble" Keona say pointing to Kevin and Kiaro once as we get off of the bus

Kevin and Kiaro are two peas in a pod but hell of trouble.

"What did you guys do now?" I ask both of them making our way over to them.

"We are high as fuck right now" Kevin says through the corner of his mouth still starring ahead and starting to smile. Kiaro just looks around lost in space."Wow" we all say together than it hits me and I start hitting Kiaro over and over again.

"You said you would quit!!" i yell in between slaps

"I did" he say "But than i remembered nobody likes a quitter " he adds with a chuckle

I hit him one last time then storm off inside with the twins. After we all get our schedules we go to class orientations..

---------------------------

Well that couldn't of been anymore boring i think to myself. The only fun part of the day was the piggy back ride Saul gave me from the bus to our house.

Unlike most brother and sister relationships Saul and I get along good. I mean hes always nice and looks out for me, i couldn't ask for a better brother.

When my dad gets home from work i ask him if we can go visit my grandma in the hospital. My grandma has cancer and has been in the hospital for a while but the doctors don't know how long she has left. I haven't visited in awhile and i think that she has convinced herself that i don't care about her. But the truth is i do i care so much and i miss her so much . Its just i hate seeing her like this and i hate having to admit to the fact that one day she is going to die.

When we get to the hospital i follow Saul and my dad into my grandmas room. Its a tragic scene when i enter. There are IVs in her, so many machines and she looks so weak. Tears threaten to come out but i hold them back. I have to stay strong.

As we talk she starts to tell us about all the pains shes in and how much she misses doing things with us. At that moment i start balling my eyes out. I know its stupid of me to think about at this moment but part of me wishes that i was a wolf from Teen Wolf so i can take away her pain so she can get better.

I get up and hug her but when i pull back she asks "Honey whats wrong?". I look her in the eye and say "I hate what this cancer is doing to you" then she starts to cry too.

A/N: hey guys this is my first time writing a book so I hope you guys liked the first chapter. I promise it's not going to always be this boring, things will be heating up soon. Like and comment tell me what you think.