Chapter 9- "My Angels Gone Home"

Crystals P.O.V

It's spring break and I'm at Erica's house helping her pack. Her dad insisted that they needed some 'father daughter ' time, so they are going camping.

"Do you have to go" I whine, grabbing ahold of Erica's hand

"Yes, my dad and I barely talk or hang out anymore" Erica answers.

"Welcome to the club " I whisper under my breath and Erica lets go of my hands and zips up her bag.

--------------------

"BYE!" Aureily and I yell at Erica and her dad as they drive away.

"It's only 2 days" Aureily pats my back then we go back inside.

----------------------

~Monday (end of vacation)~

I woke up this morning extremely excited. Vacation is finally over and I get to see Erica. The last 2 days went by rather slow though, I'm sort upset that she hasn't texted me back all weekend. But I'm gonna see her today so it doesn't matter.

I quickly take a shower then put on my Hollister sweatpants with a tank top then through my hair into a high pony tail. I rush downstairs to the kitchen and grab a granola bar then wave 'bye' to my mom and run out the door. I practically run to school, I don't really feel like waiting for the bus or Saul.

When I get to school I meet the twins, Sophie, and the guys in the cafeteria. The stupid bus beat me. As I approached them I gave hugs to everyone.

"What's up with you?" Kevin asked, startled by my actions. We don't hug much.

" Ericas back" the twins say in unison then jinx each other.

"Yep" I say extra perky, I have been bothering Kiara and Keona all weekend.

" I don't see what the big deal is, you guys see each other allll the time" Kiaro says stretching the 'l' in 'all'. And Sophie nods her head in agreement.

The bell rings before I can say a smart, snide remark so I just turn on my heel and skip down the halls to class. It's 30 minutes into first period and I'm hella pissed, my vibe is completely killed. Erica isn't here, she's probably tired from the long weekend so ill cut here some slack.

Without Erica in school the day went by hella slow and everyone was extremely annoying.

When I finally get home I go up to my room and flop in my bed and pull out my phone. I click on the contact that says ' jitterbug' with a little bug emoji next to it.

To JitterBug🐞: Hey babe, miss you...text me back ASAP.

I press send then sigh and stare at the ceiling for awhile. " what to do, what to do" I think aloud and Aria comes running into the room and jumps on me. I would bother Saul but he's at a friends house. I'm definitely not doing homework, like ain't nobody got time for that and besides I do enough work at school anyways. Finally I decide to go help my mom make dinner.

"What cha making" I ask making my way into the kitchen and sitting on the counter.

"Broccoli and beef stir fry" she answers, her eyes never leaving the pan.

"Yum but aren't we supposed to be a Dominican and black family." I say flinging my arms in the air. " like wheres the chicken or Spanish rice?!"

"Crystal " my mom asks calmly.

"Yes" I answer.

"Get your ass off of my counter!" She raises her voice. "And call Saul and tell him to come home" she adds calmly. Bipolar much.