15

Chapter Fifteen

Natsu Dragneel

"Lucy!"

I was weaving through the student parking lot, inching past an irritated driver, waving my hands out in an attempt to get Lucy to slow down. She finally did, however, with a grim expression and narrowed eyes.

"What do you want?" She muttered when I finally caught up to her, panting and clutching my knees. She shifted her weight to one combat boot and crossed her arms impatiently.

"I'm sorry. You were right. You were so right," I admitted, sighing.

"How so?" She raised an eyebrow, angry expression cooling down a bit.

"I like Gray. I like him so much that it hurts," I blushed, fiddling with my glasses awkwardly.

"Seriously? Oh, goody! I knew it all along! Oh, this is just so great! You're gonna have thirty gaybies!" She cooed, swooping me into a bear hug as I wondered what deep, dark, hellish corner of her mind did she pull the word gaybies out of.

"I'm sorry I haven't been talking to you that much this last week or so," I apologized, nuzzling into her shoulder. "I've had a lot to think about."

"I get it," She sympathized. "I totally forgot about you when Loke came into the picture," She reasoned jokingly.

"Oh yeah," I laughed. "I remember that now. You were constantly daydreaming and it got annoying after about three days."

"Shut up, like I don't catch you staring off at Gray during math every day," Lucy teased. "Hey, that rhymed!"

"You're a poet and you didn't even know it," I giggled. "Come on, let's go to biology."

I should probably explain something- this morning when I woke up, Gray was already brushing his teeth, seemingly avoiding me. So I got dressed as quickly as possible, not noticing I put on the varsity jacket Gray lent me a few days ago, and was rushing out the door with a piece of toast lodged in my mouth in a matter of twenty minutes.

No way in hell was I going to be able to face Gray anytime soon, but I knew I had to, because, well, we were living under the same roof for the next few days.

Eep.

"So, you're staying over? You know, you can stay at my place for a night if you need a break," Lucy offered kindly as we crossed the halls.

"Maybe," I shrugged. "I just don't know if I'll be able to ever talk to him again."

"Come on, you wimp," She nudged me. "You have to!"

"But I don't wanna!!" I poured childishly. We arrived at the Bio classroom and Lucy and I took our seats a few minutes before the first bell rings. Lucy pulled out her phone, telling me she was texting Erza, who I haven't really seen much all year.

"How's Erza?" I asked randomly, leaning in to read the message. Cancel the plans. They'll be together by next week, anyways, it read. My eyebrows shot up as I realized she was texting about me... And Gray. Cancel the plans? What did that mean?

"Hm?" Lucy turned her phone away from my field of view. "She's good. She's got a lot of Student Government President duties, and she's also dating the VP, Jellal."

"The guy who owned the house we went to the party to," I clarified. She nodded in confirmation. "Canceling some shopping plans?" I asked dumbly.

"Er- no. Nothing that big of a deal," She brushed it off smoothly. If I hadn't have known her than I probably would've believed that was the truth.