Prologue

Have you heard about the game of marriage?

It's as messed up and hectic as you think it is.

And you know whose marriage is the craziest of them all?

Meet Jennica Price.

She's a hard working personal assistant of Mayland Inc.'s CEO. She's an achiever. Strict in every way and strong in both physicality and will.

She's also a dreamer, dreamt about building her own company and raise an empire. But she's also a hard working dreamer, and her goal is already reached in the age of 25.

But for the moment, she couldn't start anything. Not until her contract with the company ends. It's an eight-years contract and she still has three more years to go before starting her business.

It's because she couldn't get out, not until her boss fires her—which by the way is a terrible mark on her record. Jen is a perfectionist; she lives to get everything right and was born for the business world.

But the contract, oh such a hinder to her goal. If only she knew she was going to earn more than she needed in five-years time then she wouldn't have signed the damn contract. It’s not like any of that mattered to her anyway, if she’s paid well then so be it. She will dedicate herself to her job whole heartedly. The contract stated that she shouldn’t be married nor be in any relationship and she still signed it. It was a weird statement, different from the usual but since it has a high pay, she couldn’t care less. She wasn't the type to have a family just yet, not until she achieves her goal.

Then a beep was heard and it snapped her out from her daydreaming. The office was busy and she took a short break of reminding herself of her inspirations. She couldn’t help it, it’s so near but she couldn’t grab it until those three years are done. But little does she know that answering that intercom will change her whole life.

“Mr. Mayland?” she answered knowing it came from his office.

“Jen, come to my office now.” He demanded and quickly cut the call off.

Ethan Mayland, a respected man indeed. He’s a young CEO, 27 to be exact. After the company has been passed down to him two years ago, he was quite busy.

No, he’s no playboy and yes, he is a workaholic. This man is one of the most powerful men in the whole wide world; consider the bachelor part as a bonus. Though he hasn’t planned such things, things like building a family. He could run a company, but he is in no shoes to be a responsible father. He still couldn’t find anyone that makes him think so, a partner that he could spend his entire life and dedication to. The only one was the only woman who wouldn’t turn to his charms.

There she is, entering his office quicker than necessary. His PA Jennica Price wasn’t the type to get married or so, she was so much like him. She likes to work, to be kept busy. In all the five years she worked for the company she never asked for a vacation even for a day. His father hired her knowing she hasn’t graduated college yet, but look at how much it did them well.

Two years ago when his father gave him the company, his eyes met her emotionless ones. Sure, she’s beautiful and talented, but he isn’t used to the unneeded attention. Call him arrogant or not, but it’s the truth. He was born with such irresistible genes. Jen is everything that he wanted: dedicated, loyal, hard-working, talented, organized and absolutely stunning. But he couldn’t catch her eyes, even when he works as hard as she does.

Just a while ago his father called, and then there he found out the reason behind Jen’s long contract.

◀◀◀◀Later that day◀◀◀◀