Chapter 25

Just as I suspected, my day is filled with more awkward glances and ill-mannered cooperation. The General, having conducted his final combat assessments yesterday, has moved onto swimming today. We get in the water and Harry outshines the rest of the recruits, only coming 2nd or 3rd place once or twice. With his significant improvement, he's definitely proved himself worthy of the title of 'agent'. I know Sanders picks up on this, too.

However, I don't really congratulate him much. I try to offer him a few encouraging smiles as he begins his laps, but his eyes always seem to dart away. After our cold parting this morning, I don't blame him. I thought the situation couldn't get anymore confusing than it already was when I woke up, but obviously I was wrong.

Harry and I kissed again. I know that. Whether the kiss was warranted? I'm not exactly sure. And whether the kiss was wanted? I have no fucking idea. Harry was obviously into it. This time I did nothing to lead him on. In fact, I did the exact opposite as I tried to storm out of the pool. He stopped me and kissed me again. He wanted to kiss me again. The only question I have left is why?

He started to bare his teeth this morning before I decided to storm out of the pool. He was starting to be rude again, just like he used to be when we first met. I used to interpret that as a sign of hatred, but maybe it means something different. Maybe in Harry's head he's not really trying to be mean. But if he's not being mean, what could his rude tendencies be indicative of? Surely not that he likes me.

I try to push the thought out of my head, but my mind keeps drifting back to the feeling of Harry's lips on mine. Whether or not I wanted it, I guess I didn't mind it. I definitely couldn't say that I hated it. I have no idea what's wrong with me, but I know it has to stop. I'm here to become an agent. Just as I've told myself before in the past day and a half, I am not here to snog Harry. I just wish I could stop myself before I start.

The day passes in silence. I'm overjoyed to hear that we have a field mission tonight. At least I'll have time outside of the compound, a cursed place where Harry and I are forced to be within each other's vicinity at all times. To my further delight, I find this mission will be every man for himself. I think it might do me and Harry some good if we spent time apart. Perhaps the only reason we kissed in the first place was because we've been spending so much time together lately. The proximity alone made it happen, not feelings or attraction or anything stupid like that.

The General lines us up as usual and briefs us. I receive my packet and look over it diligently. I try to stop myself from shooting Sanders suspicious looks every time he opens his mouth. No matter what shady shit he's doing on his own time, he still has the power to make me an agent, and I definitely want to be an agent.

It seems we're being sent to another night club tonight. Before I came here, I had no idea how regularly important diplomats and government officials frequented clubs and bars. Had I known before, I could have started an intelligence agency all on my own. Maybe we're only being sent after the shady officials. Either way, I form a plan of attack in my head. As my past two club missions have proven, I need to choose my method based on my target.

The file shows a man named Leon Heinrich. He's got brown hair, blue eyes, he's relatively tall, and he's only 40. What we're being sent to find is a timetable. Apparently he works somewhere in Germany, in a building I'm assuming. This timetable will give us the ins and outs, security codes and guard shifts, every little thing that you might need to break into a compound. Which compound the timetable is specifically for, I have no idea, but I'm too afraid to ask the General. I don't need another scolding, especially not while Harry's watching.

I notice that Leon is married, but I also notice his file indicates that he lives in London while his wife remains in Germany. This appears to have been the arrangement for nearly 2 years. I can bet that if I come onto him, he'll reciprocate. I guess I'll have to take that approach once again. It seemed to work pretty well with the last guy, my fingers are crossed it works this time, too.