Chapter 27

In the morning, my alarm goes off as usual. For a second the annoyance and anger I was feeling last night takes back over my thoughts. That is until I register Harry's warm body next to mine and the events which transpired after we got back to base. Harry and I had sex. I definitely know I wasn't dreaming by the ache present in my thighs.

Oh my god. I had sex with Harry. And then we agreed that we wouldn't share each other with anyone? Was I on crack? Harry and I hate each other. Well, hated each other. I don't hate him anymore and it's evident he doesn't hate me, either. But to think that our relationship has evolved from that of absolute loathing to... well... sex and exclusivity? If someone had told me this future when I first started training, I would have laughed in their face.

For a moment before Harry awakes an acute sort of panic takes over. What the hell was I thinking? I agreed when Harry asked me not to share. I'm sure he'll wake up this morning, realize his mistake, and tell me that we're over with. Perhaps it was all a ploy to get into my pants? Although he did suggest our status after all that was finished. What's going to happen to us in terms of MI6? I've never heard of partners who've ever had any sort of romantic relationship, except for one pairing, and it didn't end too well for them. I try to push the thought from my mind.

Nobody can find out about this. I have a feeling if General Sanders were to know that the recruits were doing more than just training together, he wouldn't be too forgiving. After all, why would you select agents focused more on their personal life than on the good of the country? Although after eavesdropping on all his shady conversations, I'm not sure that General Sanders has the good of the country on his mind either.

My thoughts are interrupted by the movement of Harry's body. He turns over and faces me as I sit up, trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes. I reach over and turn the lights on. It takes me a few seconds to adjust, but when I can see again harry is still laying beside me.

"Good morning." Harry greets me with a small smile on his lips. He rubs the sleep out of his eyes and pushes his wild curls from his face. Well, that was a much warmer reception than I was expecting. I can't help a smile from overtaking my own face as I watch him. Still, I decide that I should stay a little guarded, just in case.

"How are you?" Is the only thing that comes to mind for me to ask. I watch Harry expectantly and see a cheeky grin take over his features.

"I feel absolutely fantastic, thanks for asking." He tells me confidently. I don't understand why he's in such a good mood until I remember what we did together last night. Well, ok, this is good. At least he's not ignoring the events that occurred as I half expected him to.

"I figured." I chuckle shyly, looking away. Harry continues to watch me for a second, staying silent.

"Is everything ok?" He questions, sounding much more attentive and caring than I've ever heard before. Despite a few outlying situations, Harry has never really been this nice at all.

"Yeah, yeah, everything is good." I force out, although I'm sure my expression says otherwise. Harry frowns.

"Something's wrong. You look worried." He states rather than asking. I sigh and finally match his gaze. I see the same expression of worry displayed across his own features. I didn't mean to ruin his morning already.

"I'm not worried. I just thought that maybe when we woke up that... that you would..." I trail off. Why is this so fucking hard for me to get out? It doesn't matter if I'm talking to Harry or to Sarah or even to myself. Delving into my deeper thoughts and notions leaves me feeling very uncomfortable.

"That I would start acting like a twat again?" Harry finishes my sentence for me. I let a small smile cover my face and he reciprocates.

"Yeah, a little." I confirm his suspicions. Harry giggles and rests his head on his hand as he lays back.