The Troll

The next day, Draco was shocked to see that Harry and Ron were still there. He had to rub his eyes twice just to make sure he wasn't hallucinating.

Harry didn't seem to care much and was much keener on filling Ron and me in on a package that Hagrid apparently picked up when they went to Diagon Alley for school supplies.

"It's either really valuable or really dangerous," Ron assumed.

"Or both," Harry assessed.

I roll my eyes at their superb detective skills. Although I couldn't lie when I say that I wanted to know what was in the package as well.

Hermione was now refusing to speak to Harry and Ron, as well. Although the boys didn't seem in care. All they cared about now was thinking of a way of getting back at Draco.

↤|🌊|↦

A few weeks later, the mail came as it did every Tuesday during breakfast, as the owls went into the Great Hall, everyone's attention was drawn to the thin, brown package carried by six large screech owls and Hedwig. Harry, Ron, and I were all interested to see who the package was for.

Much to our surprise, it fell in front of Harry. All the owls fluttered away other than Hedwig, who stayed long enough for me to give her some of my toast.

Harry opened the latter attached the parcel and showed it to Ron and I, DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE. It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing you've got a broomstick or they'll all want one. Oliver Wood will meet you tonight on the Quidditch field at seven o'clock for your first training session.

"A Nimbus Two Thousand!" Ron moaned enviously before lowering his voice. "I've never even touched one."

We all scurried out of the Great Hall and ran to the Gryffindor common room, wanting to open the package before our first class. But before we could make it, we were stopped by Draco and his guards. Crabbe took the package out of Harry's hands and handed it to Draco before we could object.

"That's a broomstick," Draco enviously stated, throwing it back to Harry with a mixture of hatred and spite on his face. "You'll be in for it this time, Potter, first years aren't allowed them."

"It's not any old broomstick," Ron bragged, not able to stop himself, "it's a Nimbus Two Thousand. What did you say you've got at home, Malfoy, a Comet Two Sixty?"

Ron grinned at Harry and I. "Comets look flashy, but they're not in the same league as the Nimbus."

"What would you know about it, Weasley, you couldn't afford half the handle," Draco snapped back. "I suppose you and your brothers have to save up twig by twig."

Before Ron or I could answer, Professor Flitwick appeared at Draco's elbow.

"Not arguing, I hope, boys?" he squeaked, trying to gain authority although we were all taller than him already and could easily take him down.