The Stars

This morning Harry and Hermione told us that they indeed got caught and received detention. And to make things worse, Neville was in trouble as well. What they didn't tell me was that with their detentions, they had also lost a hundred and fifty points. At first, I was furious, but, I began to pity them when I noticed the hateful looks they were receiving from the entire House.

Ron and I were the only ones that stood by them. Poor Harry was getting most of the hatred being the most popular.

"They'll all forget this in a few weeks. Fred and George have lost loads of points in all the time they've been here, and people still like them." Ron pats Harry's back with a smile.

"They've never lost a hundred and fifty points in one go, though, have they?" Harry asked him.

"Well — no," Ron admitted.

Harry seemed to be hurting himself over the entire situation as well. I had even heard him ask Wood, the captain of our Quidditch team if he could quit.

Hermione and Neville were simply being ignored, which wasn't better, but at least they weren't being bullied. Hermione seemed to be affected though, since she began keeping her head down and working in silence.

We had all been thankful exams were approaching, since it allowed us an excuse to study and get our minds off the entire thing. We would all silently study together at night, trying to remember all the spells and dates we learned from our classes.

But tonight, we were in the library. Hermione was quizzing Ron on Astronomy, while I was reading my notes.

Harry had gone to get a book for Herbology, but once he returned, he told us all about the conversation he just overheard between Snape and Quirrell. From what Harry heard, it seems like Quirrell finally told Snape how to get the stone.

"Snape's done it, then!" Ron whimpered. "If Quirrell's told him how to break his Anti-Dark Force spell —"

"There's still Fluffy, though," I try to reason.

"Maybe Snape's found out how to get past him without asking Hagrid," Ron said, before jumping up and reading the spines of the books around us. "I bet there's a book somewhere in here telling you how to get past a giant three-headed dog. So what do we do, Harry?"

Ron, who had not been involved in our last adventure due to his injury, was eager to cause a bit of mischief.

Hermione and I were not having it, "Go to Dumbledore. That's what we should have done ages ago. If we try anything ourselves, we'll be thrown out for sure."

"But we've got no proof !" Harry added. "Quirrell's too scared to back us up. Snape's only got to say he doesn't know how the troll got in at Halloween and that he was nowhere near the third floor — who do you think they'll believe him or us? It's not exactly a secret we hate him, Dumbledore'll think we made it up to get him sacked. Filch wouldn't help us if his life depended on it, he's too friendly with Snape, and the more students get thrown out, the better, he'll think. And don't forget, we're not supposed to know about the Stone or Fluffy. That'll take a lot of explaining."