The Face

During the week of exams, we all seemed tense, knowing that Voldemort was in the woods near us. Studying seemed to help us calm our nerves a bit but not enough. Every day we made sure Fluffy was still guarding the trapdoor.

The classrooms were burning hot where we were tested, and we had to use special anti-cheating quills which were old and would sometimes be hard to write with.

Our practical exams were better because we only had to do a few spells before being allowed to leave. Professor Flitwick made us charm a pineapple to tap-dance across a desk while Professor McGonagall told us to turn a mouse into a snuffbox (bonus points for how pretty the snuffbox was). Snape's was the hardest because we had to remember how to make a Forgetfulness Potion, a hard potion to remember because the fumes affected the potion maker.

We had just finished our last exam in History of Magic and were walking to lunch when Hermione smiled, "That was far easier than I thought it would be. I needn't have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager."

We all listened to Hermione review the exam we just took, as we plopped down on the grass narthex lake, basking in the sun. I had unclipped my cape used it as a blanket. I noticed the twins and Lee Jordan tickling the tentacles of a giant squid, which was basking in the warm shallows. I really have to bring a swimsuit next year.

"No more studying," Ron sighed happily, stretching out on my large cape, next to me. "You could look more cheerful, Harry, we've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet."

Harry rubbed his forehead. I wonder if he was still having headaches.

"I wish I knew what this means!" Harry burst out angrily, a few minutes later. "My scar keeps hurting — it's happened before, but never as often as this."

"Go to Madam Pomfrey," I tell him.

"I'm not ill," said Harry. "I think it's a warning...it means danger's coming..."

Ron sighed, not wanting his relaxation to be ruined, "Harry, relax, Hermione's right, the Stone's safe as long as Dumbledore's around. Anyway, we've never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once, he's not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down."

Harry nodded but didn't seem too convinced. He kept saying he felt like he forgot something.

I rub his arm, "It's just the exams. I woke up last night and was halfway through my Transfiguration notes before I remembered we'd done that one."

Harry still seemed unsettled, but, I couldn't think of anything else to say. I rolled on my stomach and reached my hand out to summon a stream of water to play with. I began to bounce it from one hand to another when Hedwig flew to us. I threw the water back into the lake before turning towards the white owl with an envelope in-between its beak.