The Quidditch Match

As we entered the cool month of November, everyone was excited to begin the Quidditch season

After going to the nurse, she healed my foot to the best of her ability but, her magic could only do so much. Since the injury was so brutal, I would still be forced to wear a cast for two weeks. While I had to stay in the medical wing for a couple of days, I was happy to learn that Hermione, Ron, and Harry had become friends. They visited me every day, during their breaks, until I was released.

It was now Saturday, and we were all eating breakfast together.

The entire table was jovial, knowing that Harry was going to be playing our first ever game of the season tomorrow.

I knew that he had been training for weeks and was sure that he would do well. Hermione and I had been helping him with his homework, so he could balance his training schedule with his work schedule.

Hermione had also become a bit more relaxed about breaking rules since befriending Harry and Ron. I suspect they have rubbed off on her a bit.

Snape began crossing the Great Hall, heading right towards us, "What's that you've got there, Potter?"

Harry picked up his Quidditch Through the Ages book that Hermione had lent him and showed it to him.

"Library books are not to be taken to the Great Hall," Snape held out his hand. "Give it to me. Five points from Gryffindor."

"How is your leg, Ella?", Snape asked me.

I brightly smile before pulling it out for him to see, "Healing well, thank you. Would you like to sign it?"

He scoffs, looking at it in disgust, "I would never sign such a filthy thing."

I smile in amusement before turning back to the table.

"He's just made that rule up," Harry muttered angrily once Snape limped away. "Wonder what's wrong with his leg?"

"Dunno, but I hope it's really hurting him," said Ron bitterly.

↤|🌊|↦

The Gryffindor common room was very noisy this afternoon, so Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I sat close together next to a window so we could hear each other.

I was checking Harry and Ron's Charms homework for them while Hermione checked mine. She would never let them copy our work asking 'how will they learn?'.

Harry seemed jittery and after talking to us for a bit, jumped up declaring he was going to, "Ask Snape for the book back."

"Better you than me," Ron shrugged. Once Harry left we continued our conversation but, it wasn't long before he came bursting in the room again.

"Did you get it?" Ron asked a sweaty Harry. "What's the matter?"

Harry whispered that he had seen Snape getting his mangled leg, wrapped up in bandages by Filch while muttering about the Cerberus guarding the trap door. "You know what this means?" he finished breathlessly. "He tried to get past that three-headed dog at Halloween! That's where he was going when we saw him — he's after whatever it's guarding! And I'd bet my broomstick he let that troll in, to make a diversion!"