Part 2

The scowl melts off my face, I just sat in awe my mouth hanging open. "WELL ARE YOU GONNA SAY SOMETHING LOSER?!" He yelled at me. I couldn't come up with anything but his name, my best friends name. "B-bakugo" I almost started tearing up. All the emotions of having my best friend again, right in front of me. I couldn't believe it. His hands popped with mini explosions. "WHERE WERE YOU?! HUH!? w-where were you..." the loud explosive blonde fell quite. He hung his head, I felt an immense amount of guilt even though it wasn't my fault. All I could muster was a small shaky "I'm sorry" he just sat down next to me, under our tree. The tree that held so many memories. "Where have you been?" He asked in a quiet voice, it was unusual for the normally loud and explosive blonde to be so quiet. "I was in America with my mom, she left for my dad." I pulled my knees to my chest, hugging them like I used to when I was sad or scared. "Where is that bastard anyway?" He said in an irritated tone. "He died... back in America, he fought a villain but he lost" "O-oh I didn't know." He fell quite once more. "It d-doesn't matter, he was a dick anyway." I tried to sound a little more confident. Bakugo just laughed a bit. "You haven't changed much, have you?" I laughed at this "Neither have you, still a little shit." We both let out small chuckles. "I missed you, ya know" I looked as him, noticing how he let his cold exterior fall. "I-I missed you too dumbass" he ran his shoulder into mine, pushing me a bit. I looked at him, he was flushed a bright red looking at his hands in his lap. "So..." I started, only to be interrupted by my mother calling out to me from the house. "(y/n)-kun get in here! I've got dinner ready!" I looked up into the sky, I hadn't realized how much time had passed. The look of surprise on bakugo's face showed that he was unaware of this as well. "Um do you wanna come in, I'm sure mom would be happy to see you" I gave him a sheepish smile. He laughed a bit at my expression. "Sure, why the fuck not" he exclaimed loudly.

I opened the door taking off my shoes, "hey ma, guess who's here" I called into the cluttered house. "Oh, Bakugo! Welcome dear, excuse the mess of boxes we just got here" she gave him a bone crushing hug. "We missed you" she whispered to him. Once again there was a light blush on his face as he gave her a small smile. "Does your mother know you're here?" She asked in a sweet motherly tone. She's always been a very sweet woman, always kind to others. I really admire her for that. "Uh yes mam' I texted her before I came inside" bakugo has always been very kind and polite to my mother, it's almost amusing how different he is in front of her. We all walked to our make shift kitchen, which consisted of many boxes in the corner and a small table that barely fits all of us. We had takeout from a Chinese restaurant close by. We all sat down and ate in silence for a little bit. My mother was the first to break the silence, bombarding bakugo with questions. "Mom slow down a bit" she had a tendency to talk a lot when she's excited. I picked up that same trait from her. "Sorry dearie, how've you and your parents been doing since we've been away?" She gave him a warm smile. "Um mom and pa have been pretty good, ma just got a promotion actually. It's all she's been talking about recently." He rolled his eyes at his last statement. It was kind of cute if I'm being honest. He's always been able to make me smile with is stupid, childish antics. The rest of our dinner consisted of mother asking bakugo loads of questions, asking him about everything since we've been gone. Once everyone was finished, bakugo and I cleaned up the "kitchen" while mom packed up the leftovers. I walked Bakugo to the door, my mother in tow. She hugged him goodbye, "give your mother a hug from me, and tell her that I would like her to come over for tea sometime to catch up." She said to him after another bone crushing hug. Before he left, Bakugo and I exchanged numbers. "Don't disappear again" he said in a joking tone, but I could see the seriousness in his eyes. "Wouldn't dream of it" I gave him a little half smile and watched him leave. I closed and locked the door. It has been an emotionally draining day, I got ready for bed after a nice hot shower. I received a text message from bakugo.

Blasty: hey dumbass, just wanted to say good luck at school tomorrow. I won't always be around to protect you this time.
Me: thanks bro, I'll make an effort to see you tomorrow tho. Maybe you could introduce me to some people. You know how shit I am at making friends XD
Blasty: yeah whatever, goodnight
Me: goodnight :)

I fell asleep rather quickly after that, I only dreamt of Bakugo. They were rather strange dreams though.
———————————————————————— hey, sorry for the wait! I've been very busy with finals and family. Any constructive criticism is welcome!! If you notice any spelling errors or something like that, feel free to correct it in the comments. <3