Part 9

I woke up with a really sore neck. I lifted my head off of Bakugo's shoulder. We must've moved in our sleep because my head was on his shoulder and he had his arm wrapped around my waist. It felt nice, we used to cuddle together in our sleep as children. There was a blanket draped over us. My mother must've done that before she went to sleep. I smiled, it was a small gesture but it made me happy. She's my world. I got up and put the blanket back on Bakugo's sleeping form. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep. I gave him one last look before I went into the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone. I looked at the clock and realized how early it was. It was only 6:30 but mom has work soon so I made her lunch and started cooking some eggs and toast. She came down a few minutes after I fixed her plate. "Awe thank you sweetie. Is Bakugo still asleep?" She asked. "Yeah I think so, it's still pretty early for a weekend so I'm not surprised." I giggled. He always slept in on the weekends. It's deserved though, he works so hard during the week. Mom finished her breakfast and was on her way out. "Mom, don't forget your lunch!" I ran to give her her lunch. "Thank you sweetheart, what did I do to deserve you." She smiled and took the lunch from my hands. I gave her a hug on her way out and returned to the kitchen. Bakugo sat awake on the couch. "Sorry. Did we wake you?" I apologized. "No it's fine, I should get up anyway." He yawned stretching his arms above his head. "I made some eggs and toast if you want some." I walked to the kitchen and grabbed two plates for us. "Thanks." He mumbled sleepily, taking the plate from my hand. We sat and ate, we were relatively silent. "Do you have any plans for today?" I asked. "No, I don't tend to do much on the weekends." He said before putting another spoonful of eggs in his mouth. I hummed in acknowledgement.  We hung out for awhile after breakfast before Bakugo got a call from his mother. I could hear her yelling on the other end of the phone. I felt bad for him but she's always been kind of tough on him. He doesn't make her life easy though, he got his temper from her. If you ever met the woman, you can tell. He hung up the phone and plopped back down on the couch, sighing as his body relaxed onto the cushions. "You alright bro?" I asked. "Yeah. I've got to get home soon or mom will have a fit." He rolled his eyes. Even from when we were toddlers, I can remember him and his mother having a rocky relationship. I nodded, unsure of what to say. We sat in silence for a few minutes before he stood up. "I think I should go now. You know how she is." His face was relatively blank but his eyes told another story. His eyes showed a twinge of sadness as he looked at me. "Oh, um okay. I'll see you at school at least and you can come over whenever you'd like." I tried to comfort him and let him know that this can always be a 'safe' place for him. I followed him to the front door and walked him out. We said our goodbyes and soon I was left alone in my house. It's not like I wasn't used to being left alone but I still wish I had some company. I spent the rest of the day trying to gain control over this new quirk. It was getting increasingly frustrating. Every time I thought I got a hang of it, I would be unable to use it. I had to rack my brain for possible ways to understand it. I needed to figure out what triggers it. It seems almost impossible to figure it out AND control it. I suppose Mr. Principal never said there was a deadline but I really need to figure it out soon, so I'm not too far behind in the other class. I returned to my room so I could map out what was working and what wasn't working. It was almost dinner time when I was about to give up for the night. I realized I hadn't even greeted mother when she came home. I ran downstairs to find my mother making dinner for us. "Sorry mom, I was busy with school work and lost track of time." I smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of my neck. "It's okay. It's almost ready so why don't you set the table." She smiled, stirring a pot of what seemed to be spaghetti sauce. I did as I was told and set the table. We ended up have a nice meal and after we cleaned up, we both retired to our bedrooms for the night.

The weekend was quite stressful but I think I figured out what triggers my new quirk. My initial thought was fear but I was only partially correct. It is triggered by certain emotions. Some work better than others. I ended up explaining my findings to Mei in homeroom before class started. We discussed different theories on my quirk and ways to test them. It took us until Friday to figure out what truly triggers it. Now I just have to learn to control it and then maybe I will be able to be transferred into the hero course.

For the next few weeks, all I focused on was my newfound quirk. On weekdays I would work on it at lunch and at home. I almost started to completely neglect my school work. On the weekends I would almost solely focus on it, of course I would still make breakfast and dinner for my mom and me but other than that it was all I did. I was slowly but surely getting the hang of my invisibility quirk.
————————————————————————
I'm a bit late on my upload! Sorry about that, I had a pretty bad case of writers block :/ I'm gonna be sitting in a car for three days while I drive to Colorado so that should give me some nice time to write. Constructive criticism is very much welcomed! <3 hope you enjoyed!