Part 13

The sun was just starting to dip below the horizon when Bakugo's phone lit up. The ringing grabbing our attention, bringing us back down to reality. He got up off the ground and answered the call, walking off behind me. I sat up on my elbows and craned my neck so I could see him. His hair looked almost white, with his body basking in what little sunlight we had left for the day. I couldn't seem to tear my eyes away from his figure. There was just something about the way the sun had cast itself upon his body, illuminating him. Everything about him seemed to change in this light, he was breathtakingly beautiful. I've never looked at someone like this. I've never felt this way, never been so captivated by someone's beauty before. His face remained unchanged throughout the phone call. Even his face was seemingly different in this light. It looked sharper with the shadows the sun had created. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice Bakugo walking back towards me. "Hey shit head, let's head home before your mom starts to worry." He said, his usual roughness present. "Y-yeah okay." I pushed myself off the ground, brushing the leaves from my clothing. Bakugo sighed with a small smile on his face, "wait a sec, come here, you have leaves all over your back and hair." I laughed awkwardly and stopped so he could get the leaves off of me. "T-thanks." I smiled sheepishly at him. He grunted and started walking in the direction of our houses.

Our walk was filled with a comfortable silence accompanied with some occasional jokes. We parted without saying a word, just a few shy glances at each other as we walking into our separate houses.

I'm kind of worried that I could've made things worse for Bakugo with how late we came home. I know he can handle himself, he's literally becoming a pro hero, but that doesn't stop my fears and churning guilt. I'm really afraid that my "great" idea turned out to be a terrible one.

I said hello to my mother like I always do but of course this time she stopped me. "Where in the world were you?! I was worried sick! I was so afraid that something terrible had happened to you! I couldn't bare to lose you too..." I knew my mother was referring to the loss of my father. I didn't know what to say except that I was sorry "I'm really sorry mom, I had no idea you would worry like this. I was out with Bakugo is all, I'm okay." I hugged my mother. She gave me a bit of an earful before letting me retreat to my room.

I thought of Bakugo once more before I decided to fish my phone out of my school bag and text him.

Me: Hey dude, how did it go over at your place?
Blasty: eh she yelled at me for a good 20 minutes, so not bad lol
Blasty: how about you? How'd your mom react?
Me: not bad, she was worried sick like you said. I felt really bad tho she also gave me a bit of a lecture too
Blasty: lol that definitely sounds like your mom
Blasty: I'm actually gonna go to sleep so goodnight
Me: ok, goodnight :)

I turned my phone off and set it down next to me. I took a deep breath, releasing my previous anxiety. I feel asleep rather quickly, mentally exhausted from worrying all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
________________________________

Ok so definitely one of my shorter chapters /: so sorry for that haha. In all honesty I'm kind of lost with this story. I have zero idea of where to take it which is one of the main reasons for my lack of uploads. If you have ANY ideas for where you want this taken PLEASE leave a comment or pm me. And as always
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!
(^з^)-☆