Part 16

The first semester is finally over. I sighed contently and flopped down backwards on my bed. Bakugo told me about a training camp they're going to. I'm so jealous. It seems that I'll be alone this summer... again. I never made any real friends in America so every summer I was home alone, bored out of my mind. I mean my mom was home some times but it's not the same as having a friend there. I was pulled out of my thoughts when my mom called me from downstairs "Y/N! Come downstairs!" I yelled back "Coming!" I lugged myself out of my bed and made my way downstairs. My mom was in the kitchen holding a phone to her ear. "Oh he's right here." She said into the phone before handing it to me. "It's the school, they said something about a summer camp?" She said in a hushed voice. "Uh, hello?" I said hesitantly into the phone. "Hi yes, this is Mr. Aizawa. The principal and I have decided to have you join class 1-A for their training camp. That way we can see how your quirks have developed. This will most likely be the deciding factor on whether or not you'll be moved into the hero course. There has been a list sent to your school email for supplies to bring. We leave in two days." I was at a loss for words. This was completely unexpected. All I could do was stutter out a thank you. He promptly hung up and I ran up to my room to check my email on my computer. My mother shouted after me. "Y/N? What was that about? What's going on?" I just shouted back. "Just a minute, mom!" After I got over the initial shock, I was elated but also terrified. My fate could very well be decided at this camp, but at the same time I get to train with the hero course. Once I had explained everything to my mom, she took me shopping to get the things I would need. I could barely sleep that night so I spent the whole night training. By sunrise I was pretty tired and felt quite gross. I took a shower and packed my bag. I went over my checklist like five times just to make sure I had everything. When I concluded there was nothing more I could do to really prepare I tired to sit back and relax a little. When I finally gave up on trying to relax I ended up calling Bakugo and told him the good news. I wanted to surprise him but I'm going crazy with anxiety. We hung out for some of the day, talking about what the camp might entail. Before we even realized, the sun had started to set so we both went home to try and get a good nights rest before the training camp. Surprisingly I was able to sleep although I'm sure my previous all nighter had something to do with that.

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ears, I groaned as I turned it off. The sun wasn't even up and I am so not a morning person. I forced myself out of bed and hopped in the shower, it helped wake me up some but I was still in dire need of some caffeine. Once I was ready I threw my duffel bag over my shoulder and made my way downstairs. My mother had graciously offered to drive me to school instead of having me walk like normal. I made us a quick breakfast before we left. I wolfed down my breakfast, partly because I was hungry and partly because I was extremely nervous. My mom dropped me off and I told her I loved her before joining the rest of class 1-A. "Hey! Y/N! What are you doing here?" Kirishima shouted are me, causing the other people to look and stare at me. I tried to ignore the onlookers but they only fed my nerves. "H-hey Kiri, Mr. Aizawa asked me to come." I fidgeted with the strap of my bag. "Awesome! This trip is gonna be so awesome!" Kirishima shouted, the others cheered in agreement. "Hey loser! I waited for you, you ass!" Bakugo yelled at me from the school gate. My face flushed with embarrassment. "Oh shit sorry Bakugo!" I apologized and began to ramble off excuses. "Shut up, its fine." He said as he bumped my shoulder. It's something he does to show affection and it helped ease my nerves.

Eraserhead took role call before loading us all on the bus. I sat next to Bakugo, he even let me have the window seat. The ride wasn't terribly long but all the noise on the bus was starting to give me a headache. I chatted with the bakusquad for most of the ride. They always make me laugh. I really like it here, everyone is surprisingly nice and I felt welcome for once. My experience with the support class was totally different, well except for Mei she was always welcoming. We eventually hit some back roads, the gravel and occasional potholes were throwing us all around. We hit this particularly bad pothole that sent me flying right into Bakugo's lap. My eyes went wide and my face turned bright red as I scrambled off him. I looked at him and started to apologize profusely, he had a light blush dusting his cheeks as well. It was odd as I've never seen him flustered or embarrassed like this. "Don't worry about it." Bakugo said, surprising me. Normally he would've yelled at me or at least called me an idiot. I stared out the window for the remainder of the bus ride, too embarrassed to continue with the conversations between the others. Luckily it didn't take too long before we were there. The bus stopped and everyone got out to stretch their legs. We were met with these weird cat women and a kid. We learned that they were pro-heros, I snickered as the blonde one yelled at Deku scaring him. Eraserhead explained that the training is starting now. I was annoyed at this as I felt my stomach growl. Of course we got pushed down the cliff because the others wouldn't accept the fact that we have to walk there.
~~~~~
I hope you guys liked this chapter :D I think I did okay on this one. If you have any constructive criticism please leave it in the comments! I love reading your guys comments, they always make my day <3 I've also come to terms that I'm not good at updating lol but oh well. Anyway I love you guys! <3