Winds of Change

A cold draught of the breeze whipped over the waves, gently caressing her face as Ishilda stood quietly, listening to the lullaby of the ocean.

Standing near the forward deck, she looked up at the skies, the fluffy clouds bathed in a rosy glow as the sun was slowly rising in the horizon.

"Why are you up so early?"

A man approached her out of the blue, sweeping her body closed to him as he hugged her from behind. Ishilda wasn't startled by the man's movements. Although all was quiet just before dawn, she could sensed her beloved's footsteps, making his way towards her.

"I wanted the fresh air, Rowen. We've been stuck in the ship for a few weeks now. Staying below deck doesn't always help with my seasickness."

"Oh no, are you going to vomit again? If you do, please vomit before we land." Rowen teased her lovingly, relaxing his handhold on her stomach.

"Please, it was just that one time." Ishilda turned around and snugged herself within his arms. "Besides, we'll be reaching Leigansticht Kingdom very soon. I can't wait to finally meet your family."

"Are you sure about this? We can always put this on hold."

"What are you talking about?" Ishilda looked up at him, her eyebrows crossed. "We'll be reaching soon and you want to turn around?"

"There's no doubt that my family would accept you with open arms. After all, what's not to like about you?"

He gave a light peck on her forehead before softly resting his chin on her head. Their heights together were almost perfect.

"It's just that my family is not comparable with yours. I know that we talked about this before but now that our engagement is a reality, I can't help but to feel worried."

"Geez, you're such a worrywart." Ishilda gently caressed his face. "Status is just a birthright, it's what inside that matters the most. Don't forget who created the Bellwood Guild. It's by your own hard work and efforts that it got to where it is currently, one of the top Golden Guilds in Nevanllha. That's more than enough to prove your talents and worth to my family."

"Do you really think so?"

"It's more than enough for my grandfather. And if he agrees to our engagement, then even my parents have to agree."

"If that's the case, then maybe we should have meet your grandfather first. Could have save me all these wedding jitters."

"Hey! Who's the bride here? You or me?"

"I am the bridegroom after all."

"Haha, very funny."

~~//~~

Miles away from where Rowen and Ishilda was, in the sea port town of Markenlof, the morning light filled the skies as it welcomed the people to the land of the living. For a particular family, a thundering sound awoke them from their slumber instead.

Thinking of the worst, Duncan and Annabeth rushed downstairs to find their daughter at the bottom of the steps, having plummeting down.

"Alice, did you made that sound?" Her father asked as he scooped her up to her feet.