Sister in Law

By the time Alice had arrived at the docks, all the passengers had alighted, leaving just the crewmen to unload the goods and parcels off the ship. Alice would have ask if they had seen a young man of deep brown eyes and brown hair but almost everyone had similar features like her brother so that would be pointless, let alone by his name.

Alice had no choice but to head back home, that is after she completed her mother's chores first. Just as she turned around, she unexpectedly bump into someone, a lady much taller than her.

"Are you alright? Sorry, I didn't see you there."

Alice looked up to see the lady offering her hand. She wore something highly unusual for a lady her age, her clothes more suited for a solider but custom made for her seeing that there seemed to be a sense of style to her dressing. She wore her black hair short although there was a long braided ponytail at the end. As the lady picked Alice off her feet what made the most impression was her eyes. She had green eyes with a tiny speck of gold. Under the light, her eyes seemingly changed colours as if it was magic. But of course, magic wasn't real even if Alice had wish so.

"It's okay. It's my fault for not looking properly."

"Well, you could say the same thing to me. I was preoccupied with the scenery."

"Are you a tourist?" Alice asked, her sense of curiosity perked by this new stranger.

"I'm a new resident. I'm moving here soon."

"Oh? Where are you planning on staying?"

"Don't know yet. Maybe near my fiance's family."

"So your fiance's from this town?"

"Yup, we just came back. We were from Lynevan previously."

"The Capital Kingdom? You've been there before? What is it like? I always dreamt of going there sometime."

"I'm sure you've the chance soon. Maybe when once you're of age."

"It's another two more years for me, then."

"Wait! You're sixteen?"

"I know. I don't looked like one, right?" Alice sighed, looking rather dejected. "It's most probably due to my height. I stopped growing when I turned fourteen. Can't grow any taller no matter what I tried."

"Maybe you just need to drink more milk."

"Maybe."

"Hey, since you're a local resident, do you mind giving me a tour around here? If possible, I would like to see what choices are there for a house." The stranger changed the flow of their conversation seeing that Alice had gotten depressed for her lack of height.

"You're asking me?"

"I don't see anyone else. So what do you say?"

"Okay. I got some free time. I'm Alice by the way. Alice Tenebris."

"Tenebris? You're Alice?!"

"Yes, why? Do you know me?"

"Oh, no. It's just that I know someone else by the name of Alice as well." Ishilda secretly hide a smirk at the corner of her mouth. "I'm Ishilda, Ishilda Everit.