*****

There was a hint of blood in the air. Although not a single droplet could be found, being a veteran of past battles, Lord Tidus knew that blood was shed even though there was no trace at all.

By the time he had arrived at the Congress Hall, the darkness outside had entered the building, along with a deafening silence which indicated that there was no one around.

Immediately, he knew something had went wrong. Ever since he had encountered problems along the way, he had a strange feeling that the obstruction caused was intentional to delay his arrival here.

"My Lord, should we proceed in? The whole place looks suspicious."

"Even if it's a trap, we need to make sure the other Councilmen are alright. Secure the area and arrest anyone on sight."

"What about you, my Lord?"

"Don't worry. I can take care of myself and Luke, if anything happens to me, leave and report back to the Clan."

"But my Lord,"

"Just follow my orders, Luke."

"Yes, my Lord."

With his only guard leaving his side, Lord Tidus entered the Hall as stealthily as possible, his right hand on his sword at all times. He could have lighten up his path to see his surroundings but indirectly it was revealing his position to his unseen enemies lurking in the shadows. Although it was a disadvantage to him, he wasn't about to give up on his location.

Quietly as possible, Lord Tidus made his way upstairs to the Congress Chamber where the rest of the Councilmen were supposedly at. It was in that very room that he saw light coming through the ajar door. Knowing that something awaited him there, Lord Tidus draw his sword out, the piercing sound as he withdraw from his scabbard, echoing in the silence.

As he crept closer, the door suddenly burst opened. A black mist emerged out of nowhere, violently restraining him as he was lifted off the ground. From the room, a lady of black hair and black eyes stepped out accompanied by a tall young man of white hair.

With her long nails clutching on a folding fan, she snapped it close to reveal her full face to Lord Tidus.

"Hello grandfather." She greeted with a wicked smile on her face.

"Vanessa?"

"Hahahaha!!" As she threw away the fan, "How long I have waited for this moment!"

"Vanessa, why are you doing this?"

"Let's get this straight first, grandfather. I was never Vanessa Merron. From birth and till now, I am Arzhura von Wolfstein."

"Wolftstein? You're,"

"Yes, this was all just a ruse, dear grandfather." She chided rather mockingly.

"Then the recent attacks were all your doing?"

"Very good. As expected of Lord Tidus, Head of the Vancleave Clan."

"Then you were part of the Conventus all along?"

"From the beginning, from the day I met Stepfan to this very moment."

"Why? What's your purpose by doing this?"

"Why do you think?"